Part 15

The next day, Killian goes through his belongings, trying to figure out what he's going to bring with him when he moves in with Emma. He's still keeping his house, but he'll be spending most of his time at his girlfriend's place.

He goes through a chest in his bedroom of old family heirlooms and other things he's had since he was young. There's an old jewelry box that he digs out and opens, revealing a silver necklace with various charms, including a round pendant with a ruby jewel. He admires it, fondly remembering the woman who it belonged to and slips it into the pocket of his leather jacket.

Later on, he goes with Liam to help August pack and move some of his things to his father's house.

"So, how's it going with you and Liam?"

Elsa blushes at Emma's question as she's making a mocha frappe for a customer. "It's fine. We're just friends."

Emma crosses her arms, a doubtful look on her face. "Oh, please. He looks at you like a lost puppy dog looking for a home..." she laughs. "...drool and all."

Elsa sighs as she places the lid on the coffee cup and picks it up, turning around. "And he also got a two-way ticket when he left England." She hands the customer their coffee with a bright smile. "Enjoy your coffee. Have a nice day."

"So, what happen to the possibility of a long-distance relationship?" Emma asks after the customer leaves. Elsa turns around to look at her.

"Those never work. Besides, I'm fine with just being friends. It's just better that way."

"Uh-huh." Emma smirks at her before going back to her office. As she does, she's feeling dizzy and a bit nauseous as she holds her stomach, but is determined to get through the day.

"Thanks for helping me move most of my stuff. You guys really didn't have to."

"It's not a problem, mate. We're happy to help."

"Still, you're supposed to be enjoying some brotherly bonding."

"Aye, and I'd say we've spent enough time," Killian teases with a chuckle before he takes a swig of his beer. After he and Liam helped August move everything into his father's place, except for what he would need to get him through the next few days, the three of them stopped at the Rabbit Hole before Emma and Elsa get out work.

"Agreed. I'm already sick of this ponce," Liam jokes.

August laughs and takes a drink of his beer. "Well, how long to you plan on staying, Liam?"

"Until Sunday."

"Are you sure you don't mind staying at Emma's for the next few days to get Henry off to school in the morning."

"Not at all. Like I said, you need to spend time with Liam. And besides, what's three more days anyway?"

"Yeah, Killian, what about my needs?"

"Well, isn't it Elsa's job to meet you needs now, brother?"

"Different kind of needs," Liam smirks as blush reaches cheeks.

"Well, anyways..." Killian says to change the subject. "Speaking of needs, tell me, how are things with Ruby?" he asks August.

August blushes. "We're taking things slow. I just lost my father, so I'm not really in an emotional state for anything serious, but I do like her a lot."

"Of course. It's good to take things slow," Killian remarks pointedly towards Liam. "Better not to rush things."

Liam rolls his eyes. "You're one to talk. You're already going to be living with Emma and how long have you been dating?"