Part 19

Authors Notes: Okay, so there will be one more chapter after this one. As much as I've enjoyed writing this, I think it's time to end it. Thank you all for reading and following along and having patience for the updates.😘

"You're what?"

Emma looks at Killian and then her father again. Is he really asking her to repeat it? "I'm uh... I'm pregnant."

David has a murderous look in his eyes along with a mixture of shock and disbelief. His fist was also clenched tightly at his side. Killian clung to Emma for dear life. He was just shot over a month ago. He didn't need a beating as well.

"It wasn't planned, okay," Emma explains in a defensive tone. "These things happen."

"That's why there's methods to prevent this kind of thing. Jones, if you were not a gentleman to my daughter, I swear-"

"Dad! It's not his fault!"

Killian shutters at the name David referred him to. He always used his first name when he was in a friendly mood and his last name when there was something wrong or he was in a bad mood.

"Were you using birth control?" Mary Margaret asks.

"Yes, exactly. I was."

David's face softens a bit but he's still on edge.

"It doesn't matter now anyways. I'm having this baby and Killian is staying with Henry and I so we can take care of the baby together."

"Aye. I love you're daughter and I'm not going anywhere," Killian pitches in as he wraps his arm around Emma's shoulder.

"And don't forget, he saved your grandson's life," Emma reminds her father.

David's features relax even more and he lets out a sigh. "Fine, but that doesn't buy your way out of everything you know. And if you do leave I will hunt you down," David threats, pointing at Killian.

"You don't have to worry about that," Killian assures him with a smile. "I've never loved anyone like I love your daughter."

Mary Margaret is about to burst into tears as she smiles brightly and opens her arms to pull Killian into a hug. "I have faith that you will take care of my daughter and grandchildren. Congratulations to both of you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Nolan."

"Please call me Mary Margaret."

"Yes mam- I mean Mary Margaret." She pulls away and hugs Emma as well.

David let's out another sigh in defeat and extends his hand to Killian. "Congratulations."

"Thanks Davey," Killian says with a goofy grin as he shakes David's hand.

"Don't push it."

Emma comes home from work the next day. She had arranged Henry to stay at her parents' place and Liam is at Killian's house spending one of his last night's with Elsa before he has to leave in a couple of days. The doctor cleared Killian during his last hospital visit so he's going back to work on Monday.