Part 18

The next morning, after Emma went home to sleep and take a shower, she brings Henry back to the hospital after staying with her parents for the night. He was asking about Killian all night Emma wanted to wait until Killian was more rested before taking Henry into see him.

Emma walks with Henry to his room and opens the door. She's wearing the necklace that Killian gave her as she and Henry both walk in. Henry rushes up to Killian, standing at his bedside.

"Killian?"

He was asleep but starting to open his eyes.

"Henry, maybe we should come back later," Emma says as she approaches her son, resting her hands on his shoulder.

"No, it's fine. Henry can stay," Killian murmurs in a raspy voice with a smile pulling at his lips, his eyes now open.

Henry is silent for a moment as he looks at Killian. Concern and worry is written on his face and strings pull at Emma's heart. She didn't really want her son to see him like this, but Henry wanted to so she caved.

Suddenly, Henry reached out and wrapped his arms around Killian, making him wince.

"Careful, Henry," Emma told him.

Killian is taken off guard but he warmly welcomes Henry in his arms.

Henry stays there for a moment, resting his head on his shoulder. "Thank you, Killian. I'm so glad you're alright."

"Of course, Henry. I would take a bullet for you anytime," he says playfully.

Henry lifts his head up, pulling away as he sniffles and wipes his face with his hand.

"Henry, you alright?" Emma asks him, concerned.

He nods and looks at her. His cheeks are glistening with tears.

"It's alright Henry. I'm fine. No need to cry over this poor lad," he assures him. "Besides, it would take more than a bullet to take me down."

Henry looks back at him. "I knew that you would make it. I had faith, but I'm glad that we didn't lose you, Killian. My mom loves you and I don't want her to be sad."

Killian flashes him a warm smile. "Your mother's very lucky to have a son like you who cares about her so much."

"Well, you've kind of grown on me too," Henry admits with a shy smile.

"I'm glad you feel that way." He looks at Emma, meeting her gaze. She contemplates telling him about the news but she's afraid of how he will react. It's probably not the best time, anyway.

"Do you still want to be a cop?" Killian asks him.

Henry nods. "Yeah, I want to save people and be a heroe like you," he says excitedly.

"That's something we'll have to talk about when you're older. As much as I love the idea of all of my boys being cops, I'm always worried that something will happen, like this," Emma says with a sigh.

"No need to worry, love. I'm a survivor and your father's a pretty tough one himself."

Emma smiles weakly. She doesn't know what she would do without them.

Emma and Henry visit with Killian for a while before Emma decides it's time to leave. "Alright, kid, what do you say we go home now and let Killian get some rest?"

"Okay," Henry sulks.

She steps up to Killian, bending over to kiss his lips. "Bye, babe. I love you."

"Love you too, Emma." He takes her hand in his and presses a kiss to it. "Bye lad. Tak care of your mom for me, will you?"

Henry nods. "I will."