The new guy

"Vic Vic you won't believe it", said Nat while gasping for air after running from one block away. Vic giggled,"What". Vic was sitting in bed for one week ago she had been operated and was resting so she would be ready in time for the mid-summer junior track and field competition. "Well I was walking around you know like I normally do, when I saw a pickup truck going towards Ian's old house so I decided to follow and well...". "Well what", asked Vic. "Well I saw that someone is finally moving in and they have kids". They both were excited and decided that they should go take a peek. Vic begged their mom if she could go and after a long 5 minutes of begging she finally said yes. Vic sat on her wheelchair and both headed towards the house. On the way there, the sisters talked about their predictions on the new family. "I bet their all girls", said Vic. "I don't care if their boys or girls as long as they like to compete. They laughed and soon both arrived at their new neighbors house. They decided that they should introduce themselves first instead of spying so they knocked on the door. "You think their home", asked Natalie and immediately after a tall blond woman appeared. "Oh hello we weren't expecting visitors", she said. "Oh no were just your neighbors from one block away and we wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves", said Vic giving Nat a look. "Oh right well my name is Natalie and this is my sister Victoria".  The lady smiled, "Nice to meet you girls my name is Sarah". She offered them to come in and asked if they wanted to meet her kids. "Sure", they said. "Great....Sally, Katie, Josh and Caleb come down please", she called. "Josh", wondered Vic. Seconds after a group of kids came rushing down the stairs. Only three out of the four Sarah had called came. "Caleb where is Josh", asked Sarah. "He said he was coming in a minute", said Caleb in an annoyed voice. "Well these are 3 of my 4 kids girls", she said,"this is Katie the youngest and she is...". "Six", said Katie proudly,"I'm six that's a big girl number". The girls smiled. "Yes and this is Caleb he's 7". Caleb looked even more annoyed, "Mom we went over this I'm seven and three quarters". "Oh yes I'm sorry 7 and three quarters",she said while rolling her eyes."Now then where were we.. oh right and this is Sally and she is 9". Sally stared at Vic, "Why are you in a wheelchair", she asked. Sarah scolded her for asking but Vic smiled. "Oh this thing, I was just operated and I can't walk but I won't be in this forever". Then a boy walked down the stairs and asked why he was needed. "Oh well our neighbors..". Josh interrupted her," Natalie, Victoria is that you". It was silent. Sarah, Caleb, Sally and Katie stared. Nat also stared, and Vic's heart started to race. "Um sweetie do you know these girls", asked Sarah."Uh yeah sorta you see...", Josh couldn't finish. "You see Mrs. Jones, Josh, my sister and I met a summer camp", said Nat. Vic had so many things to say but not one word was able to get out. "Oh I see well that's great that means Josh already has two friends. "Um yeah", Josh said. Mrs. Jones decided to leave them alone to talk and all three went outside to the front yard. They all sat (except for Vic) on the grass  and were quiet for a moment until Vic finally broke the silence."Josh", was the only thing that came out. He smiled in the way Vic loved and said,"Look I know it's all sudden but let me explain". "Vic remember that time in camp when I told you I was moving to California, well I never told you specifically where  I was moving". Vic nodded. "Hey Josh so are you coming to our school", asked Nat. "Yeah I am so that's gonna be fun", he said. "Hey um Vic so how's your ankle". Vic smiled, "Oh it's all right but I'm tired of sitting all the time". Josh chuckled,"Hey so where's Ian and Charlie". Nat and Vic looked at each other, "Oh well Charlie is probably at football practice and Ian well he um moved out of that house", said Vic pointing towards the front door. Josh looked intrigued, "Oh so he lived in my house and now he's gone". He smirked. Vic smirked too and both knew what each other were thinking. Little after both girls said goodbye and headed home. "Hey so  are you gonna become Josh's girlfriend", said Nat. Vic smiled,"Maybe but not yet". They laughed and giggled all the way home while Vic thought that maybe just maybe she had a shot at winning Josh's heart.