Happy Birthday

"Girls wake up", said a soft voice."What", Natalie said as she sat up with her eyes still closed. "Yeah what's up". They opened their eyes and gasped,"Happy Birthday girls". Their mom and dad were there with a cake and their mom held Toby. "Wow mom", they both said. "Well what are you waiting for blow the candles", said their mom. Both girls got up and blew the candles that read 12.  Their parents clapped. "Well let's eat the cake and then we gotta get ready for the party", said their dad. Then he ran out yelling,"Last one there get's no cake". "No", the girls said and then ran out the door. After eating a slice of cake their mom said,"Ok then girls go shower and put on your dresses while your dad and I start to set up the backyard". The girls nodded and ran upstairs. They showered and put on their dresses as they were told but Vic stayed behind in the bathroom."Hurry up Vic so we could help mom and dad", yelled Natalie.She knocked the bathroom door.Vic opened the door and pulled Natalie in."Good thing you're here I thought you were gonna go out there like that"."Like that", she said. "Wait what happened to your hair". "I curled it duh". "Oh right sorry". Vic's eyes lit up,"Ooh I should curl yours",she said as she held up the curling iron. Natalie backed away,"No way you're doing that on me". Vic rolled her eyes,"Fine but at least let me out a little bit of makeup on you". "Ok but only a little". Vic held her hand up,"Promise". Vic put some foundation, blush, and mascara. "See you look so beautiful, said Vic as she showed her sister the final result. "Yeah I guess",confessed Nat. Once both girls got out of the bathroom they zoomed to the backyard."Mom, dad how can we help", they both said. "Well peaches you can help by putting some decorations out by the front and pumpkin, you can help your mom and I decorate the backyard". The girls nodded and Vic grabbed a box full of decor and headed to the front lawn. 

Vic's P.O.V:

I was inflating the balloons when a familiar van passed by. I knew I'd seen it before just that I couldn't seem to put my finger on it... Oh no, no no no. This couldn't be. The van looked exactly like Ian's. But well It been months since she'd seen Ian or the van so maybe just maybe she was being delusional and was hoping for something bad. I shook off the bad feeling and continued to decorate the front lawn with balloons and a The party's here sign. Josh arrived about 10 minutes later with a present and I blushed like the red balloon I was holding. I ran to him and hugged him. "Happy Birthday", he said. "Thanks but it's also Natalie's birthday". "I know but this present is especially for you". I opened it and saw a metal box. Inside was a heart shaped locket. Josh grabbed it and put it on me. "You look beautiful". It contained a picture of Josh and later I would add one of Toby and Natalie since it had three spots. Josh helped me finish decorating and we went inside. The party would start at 3:00 so we didn't rush. We finished at 2:30 and soon after guest arrived. Natalie and I would always compete to see who would have the most presents but like always we were tied.

Natalie's P.O.V:

The party was great. My sisters friends and mine were here, Josh was here but not everyone had arrived yet. The party was already getting intense with games. We had a pie war and we played musical chairs. Everything was great but there was something missing. I could wait longer and every so and so I would pass by the window and check to see If they had arrived. One time I got distracted in a game of tag that I forgot to check for 30 minutes. An hour had passed since the party had started and I was really impatient until it happened. The doorbell rang.  

Natalie was going to rush to the door but she stopped herself because she heard someone shout about the next game. She passed by Vic and said,"Hey can you answer the door". "Sure". She walked and then opened the door.She gasped.

Vic's P.O.V:

I couldn't believe it. How, what, when,who? I didn't know how to respond so I just said,"Oh um good evening Ian um come in". I just standed there as he and Kathy( his sister) went in. "Um hi", he said. Kathy ran and hugged me,"Hi Victoria I missed you". I hugged kathy,"Me too,but tell me Kathy how did you guy's know about the party. I had my eyes fixed on Ian with a stern look. He smiled and laughed nerviosly. "Well Victoria see my brother here said that he recieved an invite from Natalie and then I begged him to take me with him so I could come to your birthday party since I was your friend". I chuckled,"Right right well the party is in the backyard so enjoy yourselves". As they walked I remembered about Josh and then I ran and stood in front of them. "Wait um Natalie here really wants to catch up with you guy's", I said and then pulled Natalie over. "Hey..". I pulled her close, "This is revenge and you are going to distract them until I figure out what to do about Josh". She rolled her eyes at me, "Ok fine".

Vic ran outside and found Josh. "Josh", she yelled. "What happened Vic", he asked. "You ok you look a little nervous". "Yeah I'm ok it's just that well....", she tried to think of an excuse, "I need you to help set the next game ok". He grinned, "Ok fine". Vic relaxed, "Thanks". She ran to the kitchen where Natalie was still talking to Ian. "Nat why don't you show Kathy the games and Ian come with me". Natalie looked triggered."Ok fine sis", she said sarcastically. Vic grabbed Ian's hand and pulled him but then immediately let go. "Where are we going", Ian asked. "We need more lemonade so you're going to help me". Ian washed his hands and put on an apron. "Ok but....". "No buts.. you're helping me and that's it".They cut lemons and squeezed them. After 30 long minutes they had 10 jars of lemonade.Ian wiped his sweat,"Ok then I helped you can I go now I wanna party not work". Vic tried to think of an excuse but Ian left and she ran after him. "Wait", she yelled but Ian ignored her. She lost him in the crowd and when she found him he was two feet away from Josh who was talking to Nat. She ran and got there before Ian did. "There you are Vic, he said hugging her and kissing her in the cheek. "Josh why don't you help me do something over here", she said as she tried to pull him. It was no use Josh spotted Ian and waved at him,"Ian myman come over here". Vic got nervous."Josh", he said,"Hi um haven't seen you in a while". He looked mad."So I saw that you two are a couple", he said with a fake smile. "Yup", said Josh as she reached for Vic's hand. "Well that's great to see Vic jump from one man to another". Josh's smiled faded,"What"? Vic got really really nervous.,"Um Josh about that thing...". "Wait Vic let Ian explain". "Well she was my girlfriend but once I left she just couldn't handle not having a boyfriend so she just went with you". Josh started to get mad and Ian just stood there with a nasty smile. "Is that true", he said as he turned to Vic. Vic started to have tears,"No, no Josh don't believe him". "Oh look at that she actually loves you". Josh let go of her hand,"I can't believe you actually just wanted a boyfriend, I thought you actually like me". He left and Vic stared at Ian and cried,"I can't believe you, you've changed". Vic ran out crying and went out after Josh. She sobbed as Josh got on his bike,"Wait Josh i can explain". "No you don't have to it's my fault I forgot about your thing with ian". "No we don't have a thing please Josh". But it was too late Josh rode off and left Vic crying. She ran back inside and up the stairs. She sobbed and then fell asleep forgetting about the party. She felt like dying there on the bed. 

Meanwhile Natalie was still partying with everyone. She made a conga line and played a lot of games. She was the life of the party. She sang karaoke and broke the pinata. She even threw some candy to the neighbors. She competed and used her mom's pies to see who would finish the pie first with their hands behind their back. They stayed 'till midnight but everyone was so tired that everyone slept over. 

Natalie's P.O.V:

I woke up and I was in the pool. It was empty. There were people everywhere.People slept on the DJ set, on the floor, on the table, and inside the whole living room was full of sleeping people. '"Everyone wake up, what are you doing here". I had a headache.  "Well after the party I think we all slept here", one of them said. Vic came down after and made everyone leave. "What are we going to do we got to clean this up", she said. "I know let's get started". They got the broom and started to sweep.

This story I dedicate to my friend Natalie who's b-day was November 3rd. I wish you the best year. And also it was my birthday November 23 so thank you for everything.