New baby

"Hurry Nat or were goanna miss the bus", yelled Vic from outside her house".  Natalie instantly came out of the house panting. "I'm here let's go". "Well catch your breath quickly because we have to run".  Natalie acted like if she fainted and then started to run.  When they got to the block they ran and screamed," Wait" (Deja vu  from the first day of school) The bus stopped and opened the door and while Vic and Nat were running Natalie tripped over a rock and fell on some grass. Vic rolled her eyes and pulled her sister up and then holding her hand ran to the bus. Nat after sitting down removed all the grass from her face," Thanks but next time let me get up ok".   After a whole morning of school lunch finally came and Natalie received a text.  "Hey Vic look dad texted me", she said pulling Vic over. Both girls read it and then immediately gasped. "Oh no we got to get to the hospital fast", said Vic as she started towards the exit. "Whoa hold your horses", said Natalie as she grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her back," school isn't over for another 3 hours so we got to wait 'till then".  "But but I can't wait so long...". She leaned over her locker. "It's ok now let's go to lunch I'm starving", said Nat as she grabbed her sisters hand and dragged her over to the cafeteria. When school was over and the bus dropped them off Vic literally dashed to house. "What's up with here", asked Josh. "Oh it's 'cause she is exited about...". She whispered it in his ear. "Oh right. Well see ya later and say hi to your mom for me". Natalie waved and then ran to the house. Vic was there panting and she held their bicycles. "Oh no do we have to...". Vic nodded, "Dad said the hospital is only 2 miles away so we'll make it come on". They both, tired hoped on their bicycles and started to pedal slowly. After 10 minutes of bicycling Vic said, "Hey look the sign say's hospital". They both smiled and speed to the hospital. They parked their bikes and went to the front desk. "Hi were here to see our new baby brother, Toby". The lady ignored them and continued to type on the computer. "Uh hello", said Natalie annoyed. Then she got really mad and shouted, "HELLO".   People stared and then the lady looked up, "Please little girl do not scream we are in a hospital". Natalie turned red until Vic pushed aside and then smiled, "Good evening we are here to see my mom who was just in labor". The lady looked annoyed, To enter you need an adult with you".  "But our dad is in there so we don't have an adult". "Well then you'll have to wait until you can find an adult". Vic immediately turned red and was about to  explode when their dad appeared. "Hi girls", he said standing in front of them. "I hope they didn't cause more trouble". "None at all", she said sarcastically.  When they were in the elevator the girls started to complain. "Dad the lady didn't let us in", they both said. "Well I know but the good thing is that you're here now..so do you want to meet your baby brother". "Yes yes yes", they said jumping. As they got out of the elevator their dad told them to be quiet. The girls were super excited they squealed quietly. "Awww the babies are adorbs", whispered Vic. "I agree but don't say adorbs". They passed many rooms and the girls became inpatient. "Dad where's mom's room", whispered Nat. "She in the next room", he whispered back. When they entered the room her mom was in the bed holding the bay. "Hi mom", said Vic gently. "Hi girls". They spoke quietly afraid to waken the baby. "You wanna see him", she asked. "Oh yes please", they both said. Her mom unwrapped the blanket that covered the baby. "Aww he's so handsome", said Vic. "Yeah I can tell he's going to be a great athlete". They laughed quietly. "Hi Toby", said Vic. "Wanna carry him". Vic nodded as her mom gave her the baby. Vic look at the fragile little face that still had it's eyes closed.  "Hi Toby", she said again,"I'm your big sister Victoria and over there is Natalie you're other big sister. Oh and behind her is your handsome daddy". She smiled and handed her to Natalie. "Why hello Toby as Vic mentioned I'm Natalie". They all smiled and then Nat handed Toby back to her mom. Three days later the family was sent home. "Welcome home Toby", they all said. "This is where you'll live". Vic smiled because she was so very happy to have her baby brother home.  

Note:This story is dedicated to my family because December 26 is my little sisters b- day. She is turning 3 and I'm really happy. Most events aren't true but at the end it speaks truth. I was very happy to have a sister for the first time.