twenty three//riley

Many regrets.

So sorry.

New people.

Family traditions.

So sweet.

Thank you.

I found myself pacing around someone else's house for the second time in the last hour. My clothes were sopping wet and my lips were probably purple by now so Lucas went out and got me a towel.

"This was a mistake." I heard the door shut behind me. Lucas threw a towel at me and I wrapped it around myself.

Lucas handed me one of his blue plaid button up shirts which was way to big for me. I had a pair of

"What is this?" I refused to take his clothes.

"You're freezing and purple." I shook my head and he threw them at me.

"Fine, turn around." I caught the clothes and grabbed my bag. I had a pair of Spandex Shorts left over in my bag from cheerleading that were pretty much completely dry.

I slipped off my shorts and turned around to see if Lucas was looking. "You know," Lucas began, "I did walk in on you that one time at your house so I don't know why you are so worried about me seeing your back."

"Ha ha, very funny. Turn around." I swatted his arm and slipped on my shorts. I quickly took off my shirt and slipped his shirt on. "Okay, you can turn around now."

"You were saying earlier that you regretted this- kissing. Do you really mean that?" Lucas said without even looking at me.

"I mean, I don't know. It was like an impulse thing."

"Tell me one thing." Lucas turned around and got up and walked over to me. He took my hands and pulled me closer. "Look me in the eyes and tell me that on any degree you didn't enjoy our little make out session outside."

I looked him the eyes but I couldn't do it. It was like we were moving way past him kissing Maya or going out with her. We would be moving a thousand steps back if I said something that I didn't mean.

Lucas is someone that I always want in my life. I think that the only thing was how far I was willing to keep him in my life. I was sick of fighting both I think that we were both terrified. We were both so afraid of what could happen that we decided to do everything possible to make sure that things never went too far.

"That's all that I needed to hear, or didn't hear I guess." Lucas smiled.

"So, what happens now?"

Lucas opened his mouth to answer when his phone beeped.He mouthed 'sorry' and quickly checked his phone.

"Well, we are going to the hospital." I looked at him confused as he explained. "It's my mom, she doesn't have much time left."

I grabbed my bag and went out into the living room. "I'm going to pack a bag for Parker and I, please get him ready for me." Lucas yelled from his brothers bedroom.

I sat down next to Parker and muted the television. "Parker, honey, you're brother is going to take you to see your mom."

The look in his eyes was like a little boy on Christmas morning. You could see how exited he was that he could finally see his mother. "I'm going to see mommy!" He screamed.

"Okay, lets go." Lucas picked up Parker and threw him over his shoulder. Parker giggled as Lucas struggled to get the door open.

I reached over and opened the door for him. "Here, let me help you with that."