Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Madison

Madison

"Tell me you love me again." He smiled as he sat down in the chair. "I love you." I giggled. He pulled me into his lap and kissed my neck again."One more time." "I love you, Christopher Maurice Brown." I said before attacking his lips.

I really did mean it. Chris had managed to make me fall in love with him, have his child, hate his guts from time to time, but deep down I never stopped loving him, and I never will.

"But ain't nothing going on with you and 'ol boy though, huh?" Was all I heard before I was snatched out Chris's lap.

Darius snatched me by my hoodie, and pulled me close to him. "The fuck is your problem nigga?" Chris roared hopping up quickly. "Get in the car Madi, I can't believe this shit yo!" Darius said completely Chris.

I was crying by now. I knew I was in for it tonight. "Shut the fuck up!" He whispered harsly. "Chris." I wailed. "Shut yo ass up Madi. I don't have time for this, let's go!" He barked.

"Let me say goodbye to Christian, please." I pleaded. He clenched his jaw, looked back at Chris, and then at me. "You got five minutes. Meet me in the car." He stomped off.

When he walked out and the door locked, I walked over to Christian and kissed his forehead. I caressed his hair and sniffled. What the fuck has my life come to?

"So you really about to leave with this nigga?" Chris barked at me. "Chris, please don't yell at me." I pleaded. I could tell he was mad right now, but I already had Darius yelling at me, I don't need him in my ear too.

"Answer my question Madison." He murmured. "Yes Chris, I'm gonna leave with him." I answered. "Man-" I cut him off with a short kiss to his lips. "Don't be mad at me." I pouted. He kissed his teeth and moved away from me. "I know what I'm doing, Chris. I'll call you in the morning." I said before kissing Christian again.

I rushed through the door and out the hospital. Darius was parked in the fire lane, making it a easy walk to the car.

"Talking 'bout he ain't shit to you and how much you hate that nigga, but now you love him and shit!? What kind of bullshit is that?" He started.

I had barely gotten into the car before he sped off. "Darius, I'm sorry. I never-" Before I could even finish my sentence, he slapped the shit out of me.

I cried out loudly, wailing in pain. This is the first time he's ever directly hit me. Normally it would be a push here, a shove there, and verbal abuse; which I was used to.

"Be quiet before I slap your big ass again." He huffed. I hushed up quickly, sniffling every now and again as tears cascaded down my now red cheeks.

None of us said anything after that. He just drove straight to my house. He pulled into the driveway amd parked the car. He turned the lights off and killed the engine.