Man & Wife

Chris

Chris

Saturday; Wedding day

I adjusted my bow tie, checking if it was straight, before I was satisfied. I looked over at Christian who was still fussing with his, and smiled. "Come here, lil man." I chuckled as I waved him over. He stood to his feet and walked over to me, hugging my leg and looked up at me.

"Daddy, I no like it." He whined pulling at it again. "I know man. Come here." I said putting my hands out for him. He climbed into my arms and I pulled him up. I untied his bow tie leaving it around his neck. But he wasn't feeling it at all. He pulled it from around his neck and threw it to the floor. "Butter." He smiled.

"You mean better?" I asked making him chuckle. "Come on, let's go see Nana." I said bending down to pick up his tie before exiting the room.

I walked down the hall and knocked on the penthouse suite door. "That better not be Terry, that's all I know." I heard Aunt Christine blabber before opening the door. "Oh, it's just your nosy son and Mr. Adorable himself." She cooed at Christian as we walked in.

"What happened to your bow tie baby?" She asked. "I no like it, Titi." He pouted. "Aw, baby. You only have to wear it for a little while, okay?" She reasoned with him. "No!" He whined. "Yes!" Christine copied tickling him at the same time. "Where's my mama at, Auntie?" I asked as she kissed Christian's cheeks.

"She's in the room, putting her dress on. As a matter of fact, that's where I'm supposed to be at too. See you later Mr. Adorable." She said kissing his cheek for the final time.

We walked through the suite to see makeup artists, hair stylists, nail technicians and a bunch of other people scattered in the living room area. Christian spotted Madi and called out to her, making her gaze shoot right over to us.

"Mommy!" Christian grinned as I sat him in her lap. "Hi baby!" She said planting kisses all over his face. His giggles sent smiles to both of our faces. "You look so cute in your little suit!" She gushed. "Where's his bow tie?" She questioned, finally noticing it's absence.

"I no like it mommy." He pouted cutely. "Nuh uh little boy. That is not gonna work." She smiled at him. "Today is grandma's special day and she needs you to wear it, okay?" He frowned but nodded either way.

While they continued their talk, I eyed Madison from her freshly curled hair to the Steve Madden sandals that graced her feet. Two days later and she'd barely said a word to me. Yeah I get it, staying with Lia was dumb, but we didn't end on bad terms. And even though I never loved her the way she loved me, she was my friend.

When we got home that night, I tried to apologize, but she was on some petty shit. Sent my ass to the guest room and all. A nigga was in the doghouse for real. I was frustrated. Mentally & sexually. And all I wanna do is take it out on her (or in her...) and I can't.

"I have to go put my dress on, I'll see and daddy in a little bit, okay?" She said kissing his cheek. Christian nodded before reaching for me. I chuckled before taking him from her lap and helping her from the chair.