New Life & Old Memories

Madison

Madison

"Y'all are nasty." I giggled as I slid into her room. "Oh my God. That's your brother's fault." I said climbing into her bed. "Plus, I wasn't doing anything to get me knocked up." I said reaching over to put my hand on her stomach. "When are you telling everybody?" I asked as she climbed into the bed with me.

"Tonight at dinner, probably. I'm telling mama first though, so she doesn't have to choke on a dinner roll." She said seriously, forcing me to laugh. "Chris told me y'all are good on kids for a minute." She said putting the spotlight on me.

"Ever since Mel had Dominic, your brother has gone baby crazy. He asked if we should have a another baby, and I said not right now. We talked about it and he was cool. And then, your nephew asked for a baby brother." I said smiling at the memory.

"No he didn't!" She cheesed. "He did, girl. You should have seen the look on Chris and I's faces! Chris handled it telling him we were gonna talk about it, and he hasn't brought it up since. But, I swear that shit broke me. I want another baby!" I smiled.

"Another baby before the ring or nah?" She asked cocking her head to the side. "Ain't gon' be no ring, bih." I said making us both crack up. When we both came down from our high, I shook my head. "We haven't talked about it much and I honestly think your brother is scared of marriage " I shrugged.

"Girl, ain't they all?" T stated. "Hm, the way Dante looks at you, I couldn't tell." I smirked. "Ugh!" She groaned before covering her smile. "Can you believe how far we've come?" She stated before sighing. "At first, we all knew Dante was a dog!" She said using her fingers to make a point. Boy, was he!

"When you introduced us, I was like 'Bruh, she is really trying me!'" She said making me bust out laughing. "Like, 'She really tryna set me up with a hoe ass nigga.' Madison must want me to go to jail!" "And I told you his hoe ass had potential! And look where we at now!" I said putting my hand on her stomach for the millionth time today.

"Girl, after the first date, he had me. It's that damn smile." She said shaking her head. "No need to thank me, just make me a bridesmaid in your wedding and we're even." I said as she got off the bed and unzipped her suitcase.

"Hm, I was thinking along the lines of making you the God-Mother, but if that's what you want..." She trailed. "No! I'll take God- Mommy!" I answered quickly. "Yeah, that's what I thought." She laughed.

"Madison! Christopher!" I heard Mama J call. "Oh shit!" I said as I scrambled to get off the bed. "Oooh! Y'all in trouble!" Tootie cracked up. "Shut up!" I whined as I swung the door open. I had no idea where Chris was. After he left our room, he just disappeared somewhere in the crowded house.

"Come with me." I pleaded as Tootie took Dante's clothes from another suitcase. "Nuh uh. She called you and the cookie monster. Now, go!" She said shooing me out the room. When I got to the kitchen, Chris was sitting on the counter, stuffing his face. "Yes, mama?" I said making my presence known. I only stuck my head in, but she dead that quick, telling me to get my behind in the kitchen.