The editors invitation

Qulsum's POV.

I heard a door open and my eyes shot open.

Yaseen was here. It seems he had taken a shower with his hair all wet.

"It's almost 1 pm." He says. How does he know I was awake. I didn't even move.

"Oh. Shouldn't you be at work?"

"It's my house. I can be here when I want. And it's a weekend." He says.

"I was just curious that's all."

"Yeah. Curious." He mumbles.

I sat up and his eyes landed on me. He was wearing a baggy white t shirt and some shorts. These kinds of clothes did not suit him. I'm so use to seeing him in suits and sophisticated clothes it seems so odd seeing him in casual wear.

"What're you staring at."

"No nothing. Just that I'm not use to you in these kinds of..clothing.." I say shutting my eyes. I feel so embarrassed saying that.

He nods.

"You shouldn't be. In fact you shouldn't be use to me." He says pushing his hair back.

"Actually. Tell me something." He says coming up to me.

"Do you think it would make a difference in your life if I wasn't here?"

"Of course!" I blurt out.

"Unfortunately, it's not a mutual feeling. Because it wouldn't make a single difference to me if you were out of my life. Actually besides the fact that I would feel much more.. Open."

I didn't really care about his crap anymore to be honest.

"You know I think you're disabled." I say and he looked shocked.

I myself didn't know I was just gonna blurt that out.

"No offence" I said heading towards the bathroom.

-

"Why did you tell Yaseen lies avout me." I say walking into Aliza's room.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Aliza. Stop trying to..." I was kind of getting frustrated.

"Qulsum just shut the f*ck up. I'm a guest."

"Then act like one!" I say raising my voice.

"Woah! Qulsum don't say shit to me. Just remember if shit goes wrong you're gonna end up back with us and you're gonna regret the way you've been treating me. And you owe us money. 3 thousand dollars shouldn't be too hard."

"What? For what?"

"1 thousand for me, 1 thousand for Zainab and 1 thousand for Danish."

"I can't just throw money! Its not even mine!"

"Listen here Qulsum, there's so many ways I can ruin your marriage don't make me do it. Think about it."

"Every month you give us -"

"Aliza. Stop doing this. I mean this is m-m this is my house, I live here, I'm married  to Yaseen not you , the money I make and I get is for me to keep or spend. I know we have our differences but it needs to end. We're sisters -"