Deep Conversations

Qulsum's POV.

"Wake up! Can you hear me? Sumi-"

I open my eyes only to face a worried looking Yaseen sitting there, his hands trembling.

"Are you okay?" I ask squinting my eyes, a smile crawls onto his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting up

After our dinner last night we took a horse ride. It was magical, and I felt like a princess. I felt loved. I felt special. I felt like I mattered.

"You don't look okay." I say looking at him.

"No no- I was just. Nothing. Just don't go okay?" He says. I could tell he was a having a hard time expressing his emotions.

"Ya..I'm right here." I say smiling an he nods.

"Lets go inside." He says and I nod. We walked together, holding hands into the house.

"Where-Oh my Allah" My mother in law came and hugged me tightly.

"Oh I've missed you so much." She whispers.

"Was it boring without me?" I ask and she smiles.

"Very" she replies.

"Yaseen...I was so worried. I thought you took her and left! I called you so many times I should be angry with you but Subhanallah my Qulsum is here and I'm just Alhamdulliah! I'm just shocked and happy!" She says overwhelmed with my sudden appearance.

"You didn't sleep?" Yaseen says. She did look tired.

"I..I was worried. I didn't know where you were. How could I sleep?" She says quietly.

"Mama I'm a grown man. You can't stay awake for my sake." He says And she nods.

"I know..but I can't help it. Everything..I was scared that I lost you." She says and Yaseen comes and wraps his arms around her.

"Don't say that." He says in a low husky tone.

"Time to sleep. " He says and she nods.

"Qulsum When Im awake we'll talk. " She says hugging me and then heading up.

"Meanwhile you can get ready." Yaseen says smiling.

"For what?" I ask.

"A work party. I wanna introduce you to some of my co-workers." He says and I stare at him smiling uncontrollably.

"That's so sweet of you" I say and he shrugs.

"Ok So at what time?" I ask and he checks his watch.

"It's 1pm right now and the party's at 6:30" he says and I nod.

"So why do we get dressed now..?" I ask and he chuckles.

"I wanna take you out for breakfast. IHOP? " he suggests and I nod.

"Go on then. Don't look too pretty though." He says and I laugh.

"Um okay?" I say and head up.

I took a shower and dried my hair. I felt so much better. It felt like it was a dream. He changed so much.