Rivals

After quick visit in the autopsy room, Patrick returned to his work. He sighed, when he considered a lot of paperwork, waiting on him in office. Because this job was not only about catching criminals. It was sometimes only stamping and signing documents to approve. Like arresting formulars. "Grr." he growled and locked himself in office, so no one could bothering him. Two hours later he saw a silhouette in front of his door. But until he made his way to door and unlocked them, stranger was gone. But he dropped something. Patrick was bent over it and when he picked up, quickly looked around. There was small note on little piece of paper. When he read the words on it, colour faded from his face. "Hey! You saw a ghost, or what?!" Someone yelled at him, but he missed it. Until they squeezed his shoulder roughly. "Hey! What's wrong with you?" He felt a hand on his face and looked at man surprisingly. "What?! What are you doing here, Greg? I thought you was home..." He shook his head. "So you can tell me, what's happend, finally." Patrick leaned against the wall and slowly said: "Someone was there. Maybe our strange murderer with blue eyes, maybe his messenger. I don't know. But he left me a message." Greg Burchinski looked at him with confusion. "Oh, well, you should calm down. That is not good for your heart, you know." Patrick Rourke turned red. Everyone knew about his cardiac problems. "Hey, I will be fine, no fear. Could I see camera records from this hall?" Greg nodded and they went to security booth together. "Joshua, could you control records few minutes ago?" asked Patrick. Tall boy with spectacles looked at him and nodded. Three men tensely watched on monitors. "Here! Stop it." Young boy nearly jumped off from his chair. Patrick murmured sorry and then said: "Did you saw that too?" They shook their heads. Patrick sighed and pointed on time in camera. When he pleased a boy to move the record to the next second, they still looking at him blankly. "Again. Move a record back and watching the floor." Boy sighed. He still didn't see, what's wrong. And then, he stopped video. He watched a record again. And again. And again. "That's must be wrong, no one is there! But this paper, it cannot just flew into the building. Someone, someone must brought him here!" Patrick blinked few times and then he said: "Joshua, burn this to CD and sent to me, I need a time to watch this. Someone hacked your system, maybe. He want to scare me, so I put my hands off the case." Boy looked at him and he get an idea. "You are right. I sent you that, but of course, I will check this Baby for clues." he gently caress a keyboard of his computer and shrugged his arms: "What?! It's my way of life." Patrick smiled on him and patted his shoulder. "Ok, guys. I go back to my office. See you."

As he walked back to office, banging the ass and laughed, which is solid. He knew both men in security booth watched him. After a while of laughing, he began to be serious. Stood up in front of table and started to dig through the papers on his table. He must be closer and closer to murderer, when he sent him these messages. When he stopped with digging, read aloud the last message: "RIVALS will be the disposal of the stroke of midnight." He thought about these words and they reminded him something. And then he starts to sing a song, which his mom singing to him, when he was bad on his siblings:

"You are devil's son.

You could die soon, and no one will cry above your grave.

No one will remember what good you done, all will know you like son of the hell.

Remember these cursed words, when you will die, no one will cry.

But remember, there is a chance to push that through.

Your rivals will be the disposal of the stroke of midnight, because of you..."

He stopped singing and looked up. Emily was completely scared and he knew, why. "I am sorry. I didn't see you here." She shook her head. He stood up, but she stepped back. "I- I just, what was that?!" He nervously scratched behind the ear and said with a crooked smile: "Uhm, that was my lullaby, that my mother singing to me before I go sleep." She looked teriffied. "I-I am sorry for that." He waved his hand. "Doesn't matter. She is dead now. So keep her sleep in the ground." His words were ice, but she little understand him. "Don't cry." she heard his voice behind her. And she considered she cried as a little baby. "I am here, see? Let's go home. And suck this case for now. I need to forgot this creepy song and I am pretty sure you could help me." He kissed softly her neck and embraced her. She laughed nervously. "Sorry boy, I have night duty." Patrick laughed on her. "Well, see you about two hours." Emily looked at him surprisingly. "You don't have night duty..." Suddenly she understood and kiss his hand, that was surrounded by her neck. "OK."

Patrick smiled on her leaving body and then returned back to work. He still worked. All the time. In the police academy was always first with works, and his physical state made him the most known junior of whole academy. After quick reassign to police department he raised to detective earlier like his schoolmates. In song that resonate in his head he clearly heard a verse on the little paper. How he could rid him off? Is something better to forgetting things like sex?