Midnight terror

"Hi." He said, while stepping to the autopsy room. "Uhm. Oh. Hello there." A man in bloody suit stood from the darkest corner of autopsy room. "Where she went?" Patrick asked him, clearly distractred from blood on his clothes. "Oh, this? Yeah, this is a nasty job, you know. I am going to shower, maybe she will be there." "I am sure, I do a better, when I wait for her right here." he said with little smile. George looked at him and quickly continued by his way. Patrick laughed loudly on empty room and shook his head in amusement. After a while he started to shaking from cold. He looked around and heard water running through the pipes. Probably George showering himself. How much water he needed? "Hi there, my little mouse." He nearly jumped off the ground and looked at barely covered lady in front of him. "What do you think I am doing in the shower? You did not feel that smell from dead bodies?" He shook his head. "Lucky guy. OK, why are you here?" He shrugged his shoulders and smile on her. "Well, I will go to changing room and I will be back soon." He shook his head again. "You can't leave me here, with all these dead..." He spreaded his arms and she laughed. "But I am ashamed from staying here just in towel and is pretty freezing." Policeman smirked on her and said: "I can help you with something!" She laughed and went to changing room, knowing that he followed her. When she get dressed her work uniform, smiled on him: "Can we talk a little about you? You know, we had a perfect night and pretty... uhm... you know. But I am sure we should stop for a while and just talk." She suggested him. "And what about kisses?" He pushed her to himself and kissed her roughly. "What are you doing here?! In work?!" George gasped. Both of them turned red and they broke away from each other. "She had a fly on her lip. I wanted to help her." Patrick said with smirk in corner of his lips. George rolled his eyes and went to change his clothes. "I am sorry for putting you to shame in front of your colleague." He kissed her again. "Go to my office. Talk!" she said angrily and took his hand. They stepped into office. "Well, that was stupid. But I want to tell you something... about tooth." The policeman sighed. "So, what's wrong? It is not his tooth?" She looked at him seriously. "All of them are gone." Patrick looked at her, terrified with new findings. "But how?" he pushed these words through the teeth with obvious effort. "Before his funeral were on their places. So I bet someone was there after officialities and stole them. Nobody controlling this place, except me. And I did not see anything strange or suspicious." He looked at her. "Have you been here all the time?" She nodded his head. "I am sorry, that I can't help you more..." Her words disappeared in creaking door. Both of them scarely jumped off and take a run to door. But it was too late. Someone locked them inside of autopsy room. Patrick looked at obviously teriffied girl and hugged her. "Everything will be OK. Call for George, maybe he thought we are not here anymore." She nodded slowly and turned to phone. But she found that it was deaf. "How can be that possible?! I had a signal out there every time, in case of emergency." They both looked at each other and Patrick started to investigating a cable from the phone. Someone cut him off. "What did you find?" Patrick shooked his head. "Nothing special. Maybe communication problem with your operator." Lie! Cruel lie, but he had no choice. He needed her clear mind to help from this stupid situation. "George, if that is your stupid prank, you will be unemployed in while! Because this isn't funny. Do you hear me?!" she cried to locked door. Patrick meanwhile, searched for some clues, that could help them with undercover a prankster. But nothing. Until they heard a beeping from freezers. Emily was confused, ran from first box to last and tried to understand, what's happening. "What the hell is that?! I will kill you, Meredith?" She asked him, clearly distracted with note on display of dead girl's phone. "Why she has a phone with her in freezer?" Was Patrick's only question. 

After a second they felt some change in temperature in room. "Who is Meredith? And what's that all mean?" Patrick shrugged his shoulders. "No idea. But you are getting cold, come here." A second after his suggestion, lights started to flicker and shortly after that they burned off. Trapped in place full of death, around the midnight, and with freezing clouds of air in front of their mouths. That can't be a joke. "He caught us here like mice in the maze. Is there another exits? We had to go, until we change to ice statues." Emily nearly laughed, but she was too scared to do it loudly. "Yeah. Emergency exit. Have you some light here? Flashlight, or just phone maybe?" She shook her head. "No of them. My dear colleague said its unnecessary." Patrick scratched his nose and turned red. "Ehm, I stopped feel my legs, get out here quickly." They blindly moved to emergency door, but when they pushed them, they were stucked. Patrick kicked to awfully painted door and screamed from anger. Emily cried and tried to resist panic, but it was so much on her. The cold from freezers escaped rapidly and filled the autopsy room with the unbelievable cold. "Where is George?!" she whined, pushed at him and tried to make him a massage, but her hands were almost frozen. Patrick hugged her and kissed her on lips. "We freeze here, if we do not warm." They ran to changing room, where were some clothes from other employeers. "Nevermind. We need to warm both. Take this." She pointed at obviously woman's shawl. Patrick frowned at her, but then he slapped himself mentally. Quickly put this shawl on himself and looked for another piece of clothes to put on. When he opened a George's locker room, he screamed and jumped back. Man  looked at him, teriffied. His eyes was removed. Emily stopped to breathe for while. And when she find a right words they were: "It was not him!"

Patrick looked at her and sat on bench behind him. He was scared off. And his whole body started to turn into block of ice. "If I die here, I want to tell you. Emily Donnel, I..."