Bad idea

"Hello. That's me, chief inspector Patrick Rourke. We talked by a phone few hours before. You told me that I can came here." He said to old grumpy man, who pointed at him with gun. "Yeah, someone called us. But I was ready for some... older man." Patrick shook his head. "I am not so old as you wanted, but I am responsible for case of your son's assassination. And I need your help." Man stepped back, but still with hand on the trigger. "Well, come in." said finally and Patrick walked to the hall. House was terribly damaged by fire, but he could see some tries for redecorating. "When my son live with us, we planned to made a new walls. He wanted to live there with his wife and children. And with us, of course." Patrick nodded his head. "I understand. Soo... can we talk about that day?" Old man nodded his head hesitately. "I know this is hard for you. I lost my child too. And I will do anything, what is in my powers, to find his assassin." Mr. Paxley looked at him surprisingly. "You... really? Well, I don't know, I am so sorry. Do you want some tea? It is a long story, if you want to know everything from that day." They walked to the living room and sat on the couch. Then old man started with his story. "Everything looks almost ironically wonderful. Me and my wife wake up to sunny day. Our son was as always late for his breakfast, but that doesn't matter. We laughed and when he had eaten his sandwich with tuna, kissed his mom to cheek and say goodbye. He was in senior class, so this was time for his final exams from math. We started with daily routine, like preparing a lunch or dinner. And then..." His voice came little bit shaky. "... someone rang at the door. I went to open and I saw two men in suits. In this moment I knew something was happend to my son. I don't know, how to explain that, but I was right. They announced me, that my son was murdered. But I cannot see his body. My beloved wife faded from senses. She was hospitalized for a long time... and I... I needed to be for her. As strong as I can be. But..." Patrick nodded his head. He knew these feelings, when you need to be strong because someone who you loved, is gone. And you have to live for these, who are still alive. "I almost forget you want some tea. Excuse me for a moment." Old man left him alone in the living room for while. So Patrick decided to take a quick look to photos on the mantelpiece. There was some nice catches of family athmosphere, where old husband and wife stood up in front of church and waved to the camera. On the other photo was young lady with a babe in arms. These two photos were black and white, so he moved his look to newer photos and quickly stepped back. Young boy on the photograph looked at him with intense blue eyes, so deep and scary. "I-I apologize, I just want to see some photos of you... This was Richard? He look so young there." The old man nodded his head. "He was fifteen there. My wife hate this photo, I have no idea why. She..." muttered his voice and he continued almost whispering: "...she told me, that this boy is not our son." Patrick looked at the next photo and tried to focus on differences. And then he founded: "If you look at this photo, please don't do that. I... I warn you, you should go."

Patrick looked at him surprisingly. "I- I hadn't a tea yet." he said quietly. "Oh, I'm sorry. Excuse me, I don't know what's wrong with me today. I just...today my son would turn eighteen." They sat back to the couch and talked a little about weather. "Do you want to tell me something about your loss?" he asked policeman. "Well,... I had a child. She was my little princess. Her name was special for me and my wife- we baptized her as Rowy- like a rememberance of her mother Rowena and my father Wyatt. We live together in my hometown, so far from there, for four years and then... my beloved wife died in plane crash somewhere in Southern Alps. I was broken. I had a nightmares about her accident. How she cried my name for the last time, before they crashed to the mountain. And then I considered, I need to be strong for Rowy. Because she needed her dad. We stayed in our house, with my mummy. After two years Rowy began to be slack, her head ached and especially feet. Everyone thought that is due to the delay grow. But then she fell unconscious one day. They tested her for different viruses and diseases. And then they announced me she had a cancer of lymph nodes. In the final stage. We fought with that for two next years. Then she went to sleep and the next day... she was gone..." Patrick stopped talking and looked at the old man. He cried. "I-I am sorry. I don't want to make you cry." He shook his head. "It's OK. If you feel better now." They patted their shoulders and sighed. "Like a babies." Man laughed to the policeman, as he covered his face with hands. "If you are not take offense, I will come back to the department. Thank you for your story. As I said, I will try. Goodbye."

When Patrick returned to the police station, receptionist looked at him: "You have a letter there. Do you want to take him with you?" Patrick nodded his head and came to him for a letter. As he saw yellow envelope, he shivered. "Thanks. Did you see who brought it here?" John shook his head. "I took a break. When I returned, this envelope laid on top of these letters and it was addressed to you." He smiled thoughtfully on chief inspector. "OK, thank you. I will go to my office. Please, sent her to me, when she will return from autopsy room." John smirked at him. "And what do you do, if I not tell her?" Patrick smiled on him. "Nothing, because you do that for me." and with these words he finally get to his office. After he locked all doors, he sat on the chair and opened the letter:

New message from your murderer,

dear Patrick Rourke.

I will follow you,

and you will have no chance to

save her.

I find her

and kill her,

because I am blue-eyed murderer.

You never catch me.

You will never be able to see me.

I am your savior,

from life.

When your bones will lie on the ground

burned and smell like the hell.

You will cry for a death

and then I will come.

I will be your savior,

your only chance to die.

You will obey me

for kill you now.

You will be pray to me,

and I will save you.

For death.

You need to see,

that I am not joking.

Here you are,

look at me.

In hour of your death.

And that will be your end.

At the end of letter was three words: "I see you." Patrick rose sharply and breathed heavily. Then he opened the window, almost broke him, and looked around. But he was not able to see anyone. Except two lovers on the bench in front of police department. And they have to concentrate to another things like him. Confusedly he turned back to the table, where these three words laughed at him with their obvious prophecy. He was on the right track. He kicked an wasp nest right to the center. And he will be killed. But before that, he had to find a truth. That will be his last thing in his life, so he had to concentrate on it. Patrick looked at the locked door and then he select the key and went to unlock them. As he walked out from office, he smiled and said with little smile...