Chapter Seventeen

(Tiffany's P.O.V.)

I came back with a damp towel for mom. We're running out of medicine and other medical supplies. One of our people fell sick and drained all of the medication we had.

This feels like a zombie apocalypse now. Scavenging for food, medicine, useful supplies to protect ourselves from Bill's weirdness and the monsters that lurk and roam around our town. What was once our town.

  I enter the room and saw mom sleeping. I approach her and gently put the towel on her forehead and sighed. I hope Ryan's okay.

(Ryan's P.O.V.)

  I am not okay. Bill seems to be messing with me. I might have feelings for the demon. I mean, he is sort of attractive and that voice when he flirts with me..oh my god I might be gay for him. I need to get out of here quickly before I really start developing feelings for him.

  Suddenly, I hear the door open and I turn my head towards the doors. I was expecting Bill but no. It was Ford. I scowl and turn my back towards him, sitting on my bed. "What do you want?"  I asked.

  "Bill asked me to check up on you," he said. He sounds like the old Ford, the one who would never betray his family for power.

  "I'm fine." I coldly told him. "now leave."

  "You should be lucky Bill is keeping you alive, Ryan." I hear the hatred in his voice.

  "Maybe I would rather be dead!" I snap, turning to face him. "I'd rather be trapped in my fantasy world again! I don't want to stay in the room for eternity! I want to see mom! Tiffany! Mabel and Dipper! I want to see the real you, not this!" I yelled, pointing to his attire. "Don't even deny that the old you wasn't you because denial is the worst thought for a person!"

  Ford just looked at me with a blank expression. I didn't want to rant anymore in front of a wall or scream in a pillow, he needed to know what he did to his son. To his family. He leaves without saying a word and the door is left open. I wait a little longer before bolting out the room.

(Author's P.O.V.)

  No one knew what time it was or if it was day or night. Everyone was just tired. Tiffany, Dipper, and Mabel had to make endless trips back and forth to the bunker while trying to shake off monsters. On the bright side, Stella has been getting better since they left. It was strange but at this point in time, strange is the new normal.

As Mabel and Dipper slept, Tiffany sat on the couch on the porch, a picture of her and Ryan in her hand. 'What if he's dead? What if he turned on us and is waiting to attack? Will he come back?' She thought, looking up at the sky. The tear was still there as always. Her attention was averted to her friend, Brandon. She almost forgot that he was sticking around the shack. It was only him and Toni that was left. The others were kidnapped or possibly lost somewhere. He sits next to her, looking at the picture in her hand. "You still haven't found him?" He asked.

She looked at him. "What do you think? He's not here, so no. I still haven't found him. Along with Kayla or Gwen."

  "We'll find them." He assured her. "You need rest though."

  She sighs. "You're right." She said and the two walked inside the shack.