Visiting the past

Banner by Aphrodite270

While in the boarding house parlor, waiting for everyone to show up, Stefan fills Gwen in on Damon's deal with a witch named Emily Bennett

While in the boarding house parlor, waiting for everyone to show up, Stefan fills Gwen in on Damon's deal with a witch named Emily Bennett. To protect her lineage in exchange for Katherine’s safety, from being burned in the church. Emily was going to lock all vampires in a tomb underneath the church. Damon would then return to free Katherine, except she was never taken to the church.

After Damon and Elena join them, Gwen shares her little chat with Katherine last night.

"And you didn't kill her?" Damon challenges Gwen.

"Clearly, you know nothing about Necromancers, so let me educate you. We fuel every curse with our own energy. Killing Katherine could stop my heart," Her voice announces clearly, before quickly turning to amusement "Hey, at least I gave her a nice little shock."

"Is it wise to provoke Katherine?" Elena asks.

Gwen shrugs "Wise no, but fun."

"You should stay with us," Stefan's suggestion catches her by surprise, "Katherine already tried killing you once, we can help if she tries again."

Damon smirks, "Don't worry brother, little miss here packs a punch."

Ignoring his mocking tone Gwen address Stefan, "Thanks, but black heart over there is right. I can take care of myself."

Their conversation ends as a tall man with light brown hair and blue eyes walks in.

"Rick," Damon greets, "Thanks for coming. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" He points to Gwen, "Alaric, this is Gwen, another old friend."

"Nice to meet you," Before she can reply, Alaric turns to Damon, "Elena mentioned you needed my help."

Stefan answers first, "Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family."

"What's going on with them that has you worried?"

"Vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day, but the Gilbert device did, and it affected his son, Tyler." Damon informs Aleric.

With Stefan quickly adding, "And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the workers. It suggests it's some sort of supernatural entity."

Elena steps closer to Alaric, "We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what he is."

"Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"Can we gain access?"

Alaric looks uncertain, "Possibly."

"Werewolf," Gwen announces, shocking everyone. "Haven't personally met one, but my teacher told me they existed."