Hurts like hell

Gwen spends the morning with Alexander. Enjoying his innocent and simple out look on life. She doesn't stay long. Sense she can't go long without wearing her necklace.

Before unwanted visitors show up. As the day brightens Gwen knocks on Trent's door. He opens it letting her in immediately jumping into questions.

It takes a little awhile, but Trent finally believes she stayed in bed the whole day and night. Needing time on her own and rest. Another lie to weigh me down. Ignoring the guilt Gwen heads into town with Trent. Showing him her new favorite places. Forgetting how messy her life is turning into.

Laughing at Trent's playful remark  "Figures one of your favorite places is a bookstore."

Punching him on the arm. Gwen decides to end the morning with a late breakfast Finding a table at the Mystic Grill. They enjoy eggs, bacon and toast. While debating who's better at pool.

"I'll have you know I have gotten better and can beat you," Gwen says confidently.

Trent laughs "Your gonna have to prove it."

Not one to back down Gwen agrees to a match. Bringing them to one of the Grills pool tables. After flipping a coin Trent goes first. It isn't long before she realizes Trent has also been practicing. As he quickly takes the lead. Winking and smiling wide between shots.

His boyish attitude has Gwen laughing "Oh how I needed a normal day, thank you," She says as he makes the wining shot.

Trent leans on the table "Anytime you need to get away from grumpy pants I'm available."

"Grumpy pants?" She asks confused. Trent points behind her. She turns and finds Damon leaning on the bar. A sour look on his face. Chuckling at the nickname she turns back to Trent "He isn't that bad."

"Maybe, but the dude came knocking on my door yesterday all puffed up," Gwen laughs at that the mental image "I should take that as he likes me. Assuming he followed me around town at some point." Trent picks up a solid ball "Round two?

"What so you can win again."

Trent steps closer. Placing his hand on top of hers, "I could help you get better improve your form when aiming."

Her heart flips at the contact. Remembering what it was like not to be invisible, but I can't lead someone on who feels more for me then I do for them. Pulling away Gwen hands him her stick.

"Maybe we can catch a movie," looking over her shoulder she spots Damon still watching "but first I'm gonna go see if he needs to talk," and with that Gwen makes a beeline to Damon.

Greeting him with a question "Something up?"

He ignores it "Have fun on your date?"

"Just spending time with a friend. You followed him around didn't you?"

Damon shrugs "Told you I don't trust him so yeah followed him the first day he arrived. Always best to keep tabs on strangers," Gwen sighs "Hey Elena is your friend now, why not hang out with her more?"

Oh guilt for spying on her or maybe Elijah's unpleasant do a better job or the deal is over phone call this morning ruined my let's be friends mood.

Instead taking a note out of his play book she dodges the question "well if you don't have something to share I got a movie to catch."

Damon shoves his phone into her face "Here."

Gwen stares at a tattoo. An upside down triqueta placed over a circle with two solid crescent moons on each side. The moons point outwards.

"It was on back of chick's neck and the dudes chest. recognize it?"