Damon's plan

Damon 

Sitting at the Mystic Grills bar. Damon stares at the drink in-between his hands. Failing to shift his mind from a certain blonde. Eyes not moving as Alaric sits down next to him.

Damon voices his recurring thought, "She is going to get herself killed."

"We do have two safety nets to bring her back, after all."

Scowling Damon turns towards Alaric, "I'm not talking about Elena."

For a moment Alaric is silent. Unsure who Damon is so worried about. Until then newest member of their group flashes across his mind, "Gwen, you are worried about Gwen."

Before Alaric can ask why a hand slaps onto the bar, next to Damon. Bluish green eyes stare down at him and Alaric. Eyes that belong to a man with dirty curled blonde hair. Wearing simple jeans, shirt and jacket.

"Gentlemen? Why so glum?" The man greets them.

"Ugh. Klaus, I presume," Damon guesses.

"In the flesh," Klaus looks at Alaric, "Thanks for the loaner, mate"

"I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" Damon asks.

"You are kidding," He looks at Alaric, "He is kidding, right?

Alaric shakes his head, "No, not really."

Klaus leans closer to Damon, eyes narrowed, tone hard, "Let me be clear...I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up."

Satisfied with his threat Klaus leaves. Damon returns to staring at his drink. A plan forming in his mind.

Alaric address Damon, " You're going to screw it up, aren't you?"

" Are you gonna help me?"

"What do you want me to do?" Alaric questions.

"First going to get information," Damon's eyes sweep over the crowd. Landing on Trent enjoying a small sandwich. Damon resists the urge to sneer in annoyance, Could use backup with power, "Scratch that, first we recruit a third wheel then get information."

Alaric follows Damon to Trent's table. Remaining standing while Damon takes a seat. Trent swallowing his food focuses his gaze on Alaric, asking, "Who is this?"

Damon answers, "Alaric, he is a teacher."

Trent still ignores Damon, "Interesting what do you teach?"

"History," Alaric answers.

At the same moment Damon spits out, "We could use your help."

Trent shifts his attention to Damon. Leaning back and Crossing arms over his chest, "And why would I even agree to help you."

"Because you helping me, helps Gwen," Damon huffed in frustration as Trent stayed silent, "Look Gwen has agreed to help our current vampire problem. Even if it means risking her own life. Help me and maybe we can avoid her doing that."

"Fine," Trent agrees.

"Great," With Damon's words they stand

Trent pays and follows Alaric and Damon to Alaric's car.

Trent 

Trent follows Damon and Alaric into a apartment building. Mind burning with questions. The urge to speak with Gwen pulling at his limbs. Yet Trent believing he had time, ignore the pull. Focusing on his curiosity for what Damon is planning. Within a few minutes from leaving a elevator. Alaric and Damon stop in front of a brown door.