I will never let you know

It's just paranoia.

Still Gwen couldn't shake one thought. It ricocheted in her mind like a boomerang, I was the wolf's target. Walking along the sidewalk her eyes scanning around.

Gwen stops when her eyes land a familiar two story building. It's wrap around porch rails now metal instead of wood. Large windows framed by blue shutters. Matching the blue front door. Two columns support a balcony.

Gwen walks up the steps eyes coming to rest upon her art work, hand carved flowers. Gwen's mother was furious when she caught her. While Miss Norwood smiled "Why how beautiful," The next day she asked Gwen to copy it onto the next column.

Pulling out of the memories and seeing no cars. Gwen sprints to the backyard. Instead of a beautiful flower garden.

She finds trimmed grass and a stone fire pit surrounded by chairs. Force of habit Gwen reaches for her necklace. Only to remember she left it back on her dresser.

Hopefully my unwanted visitors stay away for awhile.

Softly Gwen speaks "Alexander," Nothing "You can come out its just me Gwen, Gwen Jordan."

"Gwen," She turns around at that tiny boyish voice. Alexander is still pale with dark rings under his eyes. He stares "I...I thought you were dead."

Alexander snivels "I'm sorry for not telling you," Gwen gets on her knees "Promise I'll start visiting you again," This revives a small smile "Teach you some new games."

Alexander grins and Gwen stays for a good hour. Back at the boarding house she runs upstairs. Immediately putting her necklace back on.

In the hallway voices distract Gwen from her plan of eating. She walks to Damon's open bedroom door and leans on the frame.

Damon back towards Gwen gently pulls Rose's robe away from her shoulder. Exposing the wolfs bite. A bunch of open sores and blisters. Veins and arteries in the bite looking blackened and diseased.

"I've seen worse," Damon gently covers it with her robe "Right Gwen?"

Gwen isn't surprised he address her, probably sensed me the moment
I got back "Yeah maybe drinking some blood would help speed the healing up."

"Good idea," Damon backs up "Just wait here."

Giving Rose a tiny smile she follows after Damon. Downstairs doubt flows out of her mouth "The blood won't help will it."

"Don't know not exactly a expert in this field," Damon replies as they enter the kitchen. He grabs a blood bag from the cupboard then his attention is back on Gwen "Ran into a werewolf this morning."

"What are you crazy."

"Relax no full moon which means no fur," He smirks "Anyway was at the mystic grill pretty positive she was the one who attacked last night."

"Did she admit it?"

"Nope," Before she can asks more he speaks again "Just call it a hunch," Damon comes to stand before Gwen "Hey would you be wiling to babysit for like an hour."

"I guess."

He dips his head back for a brief moment "Thank you, need some fresh air it's all gloomy as hell around here."

Patting her arm Damon heads up stairs. Within minutes Damon leaves with a chippy bye. Gwen decides to check in on Rose. A little surprised to find her in the library. Eyes wide she looks at Gwen.

"Who are you?" Confusion evident in Rose's voice.

"I'm Gwen your friend," She keeps a distance between them "let's go back to Damon's room so you can rest."