Meeting Colton

Twelve-year-old Damon sits next to a small bed. One that holds his pale friend, Gwen Jordan. For hours he sits there. Telling stories and encouraging her to eat.

"Promise never to have an adventure without you," Damon promises as the sun bathes them in warmth.

Gwen manages to smile through her coughing, "Break it and a curse will fall on you."

Child laughter fills the room.

Fading away as the night events slam back into Damon's mind.

Groaning he stands not bothering to examine his shirt, now home to multiple holes. Picking up the backpack Damon speeds off. Rage fills every inch of his body. Consuming thoughts but one.

I'm going snap everyone's neck who dares to touch Gwen.

Damon slams through the boarding house doors. Throwing the pack back aside.

Face twisted in rage, Damon yells, "Stefan!" Within seconds Stefan appears in the parlor, "Someone took Gwen," Damon words drive worry into Stefan's heart.

Worry that starts turning into more. A sense of panic bubbling in his gut. Stefan had a guess who took her.

Before more can be said Elena's voice prices the silence, "I'll call Bonnie."

Standing in the hallway, fear clear in her eyes, Elena whips out her phone.

Gwen groans, body aching from the hard surface underneath her. A high ceiling of metal panels greets her.

A female voice full of authority commands Gwen, "Get up."

Gwen fails to filter her mouth, "Someone broke my legs."

Hands hurl Gwen to her feet. Immediately she recognizes the women. With copper skin, brown curls and eyes. The one who knocked me out. Gwen's attention is diverted by multiple people forming a circle around them. Backs towards the inside. Waves of heat wash over Gwen. Tiny beads of sweat paint her forehead.

A new voice fills the silence. One that is deep and colder than friendly, "Thank you Natasha," Gwen nearly faints from the heat radiating off him. She recognizes his black receding hair first, "but I believe Miss Jordan can stand on her own."

Natasha steps away to stand close by with arms crossed, "Yes sir."

Up close Gwen can see wrinkles by his dark eyes. This time he is dressed in casual clothes. Gwen can't stop herself from blurting out, "Who are you, people?"

"A very important group that goes back far in time. A group that has and will continue to keep the eternal crystal hidden, by any means," The man informs her.

Gwen's eyes roam over every back facing them. She knew by the waves of heat alone she was outmatched. Not to mention the muscle on some. Fear crawls inside her veins.