Flicker

"I have been your spy just like we agreed on," Gwen quickly reminds Elijah

Voice giving away to her nervousness at his intense gaze. In a blink of an eye, Elijah's hand is around her throat. Gwen's pulse and heart immediately skyrockets into over time. Fear flooding her blue eyes that widen.

Without looking behind him Elijah addresses Trent, "Try anything and I'll snap both your necks," Trent goes still knowing the threat could be carried out faster then he can move. Elijah turns his attention back to Gwen, " You miss Jordan tried to play the middle game. Giving me just enough information to honor our deal, but not everything."

"I tell you what I know."

"Hard to believe when the same night you warn me Damon is up to something I end up with a dagger in my heart."

Gwen's brain scrambles for the right words to cool his anger, "He didn't tell me their plan, just that they had one, I swear."

"Did you even know they found a dagger that could stop me and don't lie."

"I was clueless," In fact as Gwen thinks about the past few days. No one even mentioned a dagger or what made it special. Only sharing not to remove it after the deed was done, "I swear."

"Considering Elena removed the dagger thanks to you. I'm going to give you another chance, but this time," Elijah moves his face closer to Gwen, "You will find out every exact detail of what the Salvatore brothers are up to, or else you will join your family permanently."

Without giving Gwen time to reply Elijah speeds out of the room. Leaving it's two occupants to recover from shock. Trent recovering first rushes to Gwen checking her neck for bruises. I should have known you can't trick a thousand-year-old or more vampire.

Returning to the present Gwen informs Trent, "I got to go."

"Okay, I'll be doing absolutely nothing if you need me," Trent responds.

Gwen leaves, driving back to the boarding house. Somewhat still stuck in a daze over Elijah's heavy threat. Not able to break it until she stands in her temporary room. A room that was starting to feel like home. Elena, her friends, Stefan and Damon were all pulling Gwen further away from why she came back. Filling apart of the hole she carried around for so long. Letting herself get lost in what it felt like to have people care.

Quickly Gwen pulls her duffle bag out of the closet. Digging into its side pocket until her hands latch around her mother's bronze key necklace. Sliding to the floor Gwen stars at the key. Sure Gwen's mother could be strick, but her eyes always shined with love.

Never once did Gwen feel her mother was hiding anything. Maybe she wasn't, maybe mother had nothing to do with anything supernatural related, maybe she was as clues as I was. Yet deep down Gwen got the gut feeling her mother knew something.