Starting Over

Light shines in through a large window, bathing Gwen in warmth

Light shines in through a large window, bathing Gwen in warmth. Her body lays on top of silk sheets. Gwen's eyes take in the large bedroom, and it's minimal furniture. Until they land on Damon's eyes face. He lays on his side, head in his hand propped up by an elbow.

"You confuse me," Gwen confesses.

He smiles "The feeling is mutual."

"How long have I been out?"

"A day, we have taken turns checking on you including Elena."

Ignoring her body Gwen sits up, eyes scanning around. Taking in the large spacious room. The elegant wood dresser and headboard. Which is attached to the king size bed she is on. Last her eyes land on a large tall window.

It all leads to one conclusion Gwen voices put loud "This isn't my room."

"Nope, it's mine."

Gwen tells herself it's being in his bed that sends her guard up. When in truth, Gwen is uncomfortable with the fact that Damon's voice pulled her back to reality. His plea still echoing in her mind. Bringing out old feelings she thought were long gone.

His voice breaks through her thoughts, "Hungry?"

"Yes."

"Good," Damon stands "Go get changed, but don't take forever."

"Okay one, where are we going? And two, why do I have to go? And last, change into what? My clothes are at the hotel."

"Park, it's Volunteer Day so I'm sure they will have food," He points to the closet "All your stuff is in there, Stefan brought over this morning while I checked you out of that horrible hotel," He bows dramatically "You are welcome."

Gwen's nose flares in irritation "Now I have to waste the day away searching for another hotel."

"Relax, got it covered."

"Oh really?"

Damon shrugs "You are going to stay here, you can pick out a room later."

Gwen jumps off his bed in anger "What!" You can't just decide that like I'm some child."

"You're right," He steps closer "Take it up with Stefan, it's his idea after all," Damon backs away "You got a few minutes to get ready."

With a roll of her eyes, Gwen quickly changes and joins Damon in his car. They arrive at a large beautiful park full of people. Spotting Stefan talking to tall man with short brown hair. Sporting a plain blue shirt and jeans.

Gwen asks "Who is Stefan talking to?"

"Mason Lockwood," Damon answers marching towards Stefan, Gwen trailing behind "By the way, you were right about him being a wolf."

Gwen smiles smugly "Called it."

Mason Lockwood leaves right as they stop behind Stefan.

Damon speaks first "What are you doing?"