Bare our souls

Everything melts away until it is just them. Minds focused on each other, oblivious to anything else. Bodies melting into each other perfectly. Gwen's head slightly tiled back, eyes closed as Damon leaves a trail of heated kisses down her neck. Each one undoing what little control Gwen has over her mind. Her body tingling everywhere. Desire calling for Gwen to rip Damon's clothes off. Damon lost in his own need and pure happiness. Recaptures her lips, a hand slipping under Gwen's shirt. Exploring her belly his thumb finding her scar.

Like a splash of ice cold water. Gwen is jolted back to reality. Parting from Damon and taking a few steps away. Staring into Damon's eyes that shine with lust and confusion. All vividly clear in his blue eyes. Threatening to pull her back into his arms. And Gwen would gladly fall back into his arms. If life had stayed a straight line instead of a jagged road with sharp turns. His kisses still linger on her skin scrambling her thoughts. Behind a wall of steel Gwen buried what she couldn't face. With one kiss Damon tore through it forcefully. Her emotions and thoughts spilling out like a rushing river.

I never got over him. Damon claimed my heart long ago, never giving it back. And not giving me his.

"Gwen," Damon's voice pulls Gwen out of her head.

"I can't."

"What, can't allow yourself to be happy?"

I want to fall so bad, but I'm afraid.

"You won't make me happy Damon and I won't make you happy."

Damon quickly closes the distance between them. Recapturing Gwen's lips, wanting to drown on her vanilla scent. With some effort Gwen pushes him. Damon can see something threatening to break in her dark blue eyes.

"After a hundred-forty-five years of unresolved issues you can't just kiss me and except me to jump in your bed for one night of fun."

Anger rises in Damon at her words. That she would assume he didn't care for her on a deeper level "You think I just want a one night stand."

"I don't know what you want," Gwen raises her voice "You were supposed to be ten feet ungrounded, dead. Not walking around making me second guess what I want."

"Like its been so easy for me to have you show up. Screwing with my head until I can't think straight," Damon's eyes narrow "Would you prefer to be kissed by the all great brother of mine?"

Gwen hand slaps across his cheek, before she can fully gather her thoughts. Damon stares barley feeling it. More shocked at the action then anything.

Gwen speaks through clenched teeth "My brother died and you were gone, fighting the war. Stefan was the only one who let me cry. Who didn't demand I bottle it up. And if you look beyond jealousy. You would see Stefan is a brother to me," Gwen slowly breathes out "If I fog your thoughts up so bad. why keep being near me?"

"Because I love you and I can't stop!" Damon's words catch Gwen by surprise. Tugging at her heart like a fishing line. The words bait her heart the catch. She is stunned into silence "That's why Katherine tried killing you. Because no matter how much compulsion Katherine used. I still felt the desire to be around you."

For so long Gwen desired to hear those words. To be the one Damon choose over any other girl. Now they terrify her. Stefan's words tearing into her heart, He came back for Katherine. Then when Damon figured out Katherine didn't love him. He started bonding with Elena and kissed her the night before you showed up.

Gwen tone is full of bitterness "And what about Katherine. The girl you couldn't stop thinking about for one hundred forty five years. Came back to free from the tomb. Even without compulsion you still wanted her. "