The Silly Skele-Bros

"Human." The voice was deep, but not like a very serious deep voice. "Don't ya know how to greet a new pal? Turn around, and shake my hand." I mustered the little courage I had and slowly turned around and shook the hand of the—skeleton? And did he just—

"Heheh. The old whoopee-cushion-in-the-hand trick. It's ALWAYS funny." I snickered. Classic. "Anyways, you're a human, right? That's hilarious. I'm Sans. Sans the Skeleton. I'm actually supposed to be on watch for humans right now. But, ya know, I don't really care about capturing anybody. Now my brother, Papyrus, is a human-hunting FANATIC. In fact, I think that's him over there. C'mon, go through this gate thingy. Yeah, go right through. My bro made the bars to wide to stop anything." We passed through it and then I saw—"Quick, behind that conveniently shaped lamp!"—Just a conveniently shaped lamp. I hid behind the lamp just before another skeleton—Papyrus, I think—came from the opposite direction.

"Sup, bro?" Sans greeted his brother.

"You know what's 'sup,' brother! It's been several days and you still haven't recalibrated. Your. Puzzles! You just hang around outside your station! What are you even doing?!"

"Staring at this lamp. It's really cool. Do ya wanna look?"

"No! I don't have time for that! What if a human comes through here? I want to be ready!" Yeah, what if a human comes through here? I bet they'd jump out of their skin! "I will be the one! I must be the one! I will capture a human! Then, I, the great Papyrus, will get all the things I utterly deserve! Respect, recognition—I will finally be able to join the Royal Guard!" The Royal what? "People will ask to be my, 'friend?' I will bathe in a shower of kisses every morning."

"Hmm... Maybe this lamp will help ya."

"SANS!!! You are not helping! You lazybones! All you do is sit and boondoggle! You get lazier and lazier every day! "

"Hey, take it easy. I've gotten a ton of work done today." Is he going to make a—"A skele-ton." I wish I could laugh without giving myself away. His jokes are Sans-sational.

"SANS!!!"

"Come on, you're smiling."

"I am and I hate it! Sigh, why does someone as great as me have to do so much just to get some recognition?"

"Wow, sounds like you're really working yourself... down to the bone." Please, no more! If I bite my lip anymore, I might draw blood.

"UGH!!! I will attend to my puzzles. As for your work? Put a little more, 'backbone' into it. NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!" Then I heard someone, probably Papyrus, leave. Then, he came back. "HEH!" Then, for real, he left.

"Okay, you can come out now." I came out from behind the lamp. Papyrus was indeed gone. Guess he was bright enough to leave. "Y'outta get going. He might come back, and if he does, you'll have to sit through more of my hilarious jokes." He winked. Heh heh, comical Sans.

"That was Papyrus?"

"Yep. Pap and I are the greatest of brothers. He's great once ya get to know him." We started to go in the same direction as Papyrus when Sans asked, "I bet you'd make Papyrus real happy if he got to see ya. How's about it? Can Pap see ya?"

Now, I know that if Papyrus attacks me, Sans will likely help him, but if I don't go along with this, Sans might attack me. You know what? I'm going to use the simple answer: kindness.