A Trip to Remember

-=X=-

Four days later...

"Sans, you've been the one with their soul? Is that why both of your eyes can glow now?" I heard Undyne's voice through the headphones.

"I wanted to protect 'em and let 'em have a friend to talk to. Is that a crime?" I could feel Sans' anger.

"It is if it hinders us from breaking the barrier! You need to give us their soul. That is blatantly the correct choice."

"I don't want to give ya up, baby bones. You're a part of our family now." I knew Sans was thinking this since no one responded.

"I know Sans, and I want to stay with you as well, but I want to help as many people as I can. Don't make too big a fuss over it. How about you make a deal?" I suggested.

"Good idea, Jessey." Then he spoke to them. "I'll give up their soul under one condition: I want to be able to visit Jessey's soul any time I want."

"Sans! You are in no position to be—"

"Is that all?" A deep, serious voice cut Undyne off.

"Yes, Asgore."

"Then it is settled. Any time you may visit Jessey." I felt a firm grip on my hand. It's likely because they were shaking hands. "Now, do you need some time before they have to go?"

"Yeah, I'll be back. I want to take 'em on a trip."

"Go ahead. Undyne and I will be waiting here for you."

"Let's start from the beginning, shall we?" I felt pressure on my fingers for a second or two. Sans probably snapped his fingers. "I know ya pro-bone-ly can't see this, but we're by the door of the Ruins. Remember what happened here?"

"I can see a few pictures from your point of view of where we are. And yes, I remember. I came out, and you gave me a scare, yet you also made me laugh for the first time in a while at that gate thingy. Then, I hid behind the conveniently shaped lamp."

"And ya had to try not to laugh and give yourself away because of my hilampious jokes."

"Afterwards, I did a few puzzles with Papyrus before passing out, and you brought me to Snowed Inn."

"I still feel bad about all those times I made ya pass out. Ya like puns a lot. Maybe a little too much."

"I enjoyed each and every pun of your jokes." We chuckled. "Then I stayed at your home after sparing Papyrus. We had breakfast of bacon, eggs, and hash browns."

"I was like a pig that day. I ham to get more."

"You mean you scrambled for more?"

"Oh man, we are so good." Our laughter continued. "We had some nightmares, but we pushed through 'em. Waterfall is next."

"You showed me the echo flower, right? Is it still saying the same—"

"I swear I saw something, behind that rushing water." The echo flower was still at it.

"The waterfall I carried ya across is coming up. Then the grass we hid in."