One Last Time

-=X=-

I waited several minutes until I saw Sans running towards me with open arms. I sprinted towards him, leaped into his arms, and he spun me around. If I didn't get to see the 'real' Sans again, I would've lived in sorrow.

"I never wanna let go of ya."

"Then don't. Don't hold anything back." And we didn't.

Tears fell. Leaves swirled. Moonlight rose.

"Now you'll be able to see the stars, Sans." We laid down beneath the great cherry tree and star gazed. I never want this to end. "If I knew more about constellations, I would point some out. The only things I really know are cooking and kindness."

"Well, you're spectacustar at those."

"As long as I have a time space for it."

"Ya Mars have a lot of time then."

"How on Earth would you know that?"

"I could just suns it." We both could no longer speak due to laughter.

The night faded away faster than either of us wanted it to, but the sunrise was gorgeous. Pink and orange pastel colours streaked the sky in splendor.

"Something my grandmother told me every day," I held Sans' hand until he placed me carefully over his lap, "Was that 'the sun doesn't rise before it sets.' I think she got that from a song she loves to listen to, but I'm not sure."

"Do ya know what she's trying to say?" I looked curiously at Sans. "Something good always happens after something bad does. We wouldn't be here if ya hadn't have decided to give up your soul."

"Huh. I didn't know that's what it meant. I see truth in it, though."

"Sans, you have five minutes." I think it was King Asgore, but I don't fully know.

"Guess that's my wake-up call. Baby bones, I promise I will never forget ya, and trust me, I don't make promises often. Only to those I care about." We had one more goodbye hug.

"I won't forget either." I gave him a small child's kiss on his cheekbone, like one you would give to your father that you care about. "Tell Papy I miss him dearly. I hope you two achieve your dreams and are able to destroy the barrier forever."

"I'd rather be trapped down here forever with ya and Papyrus than never get to know ya and shatter the barrier." He started to slowly descend the hill. "We love ya. Expect to see me again in our dreams." He winked, wiped the remaining tears away, and left.

I broke the seal that kept theenormous flood of tears back.