Chapter 8

Since Riley found out about me and her dating before the accident I've avoided her like the plague.

It wasn't that hard to stay away from her I've the weekend, but now it's Monday and that means I'll see her here at school.

I stand in the hole waiting for the rest of the gang. I know that if I want to hide from Riley I shouldn't be here, but my friends asked to meet here so that's what I'll do. I'll do just bout anything for my friends. I guess you could say it's my weakness.

"Farkle."

My heart stops because for a second I though it was Riles.

"Do you need something Maya?"

Her icy eyes flutter away from mine as she shrugs. "I'm just surprised you showed up."

"When my friends need me I'm there," I say sternly.

"Are we friends?" she asks.

"Why wouldn't you guys be?" Riley asks with the rest of the people close behind.

Maya looks at me with pleading eyes and I can't tell them what she told me. "No reason," I cover, "So why are we here?"

Riley smiles at us. "I just wanted to tell you guys my memories of my family have been coming back steadily. Sadly I have very few memories with you guys and no memories of the accident."

I feel happy that she's getting some memories back, but not all of them are there just yet. We'll just have to be patient.

"That's great," Zay breaks the silence, "You'll get the rest of your memories back eventually, so for now let's be happy with what you have."

We all nod in agreement and I can see the relief on Riley's face. I bet she was afraid that we'd expect more from her.

The bell rings and we all head off to our first period.

"Farkle could you wait a sec?" I hear Riley call to me.

I stop and turn to her letting everyone else pass me.

"Why didn't you tell me that we were dating before?"

I look at the ground knowing I can't lie to her. "Well, a few days before your accident you asked if we could take a break. When I asked why you wouldn't tell me and I assumed that I was a bad boyfriend so I let you go. Then I found out that... you got hurt and I blamed myself. I know that I could've told you about us but just couldn't find a way to tell you without sounding like I was trying to get back with you."

She hugs me and so many memories come back to me. All the different times that we'd go to each other's houses, our first date, when we said our first I love you to each other, and on the subway when we were taking her to Topanga's for the first time after the accident.

"I get it. I just wish you had told me sooner," she whispers.

"Why?"

She doesn't say anything. She just holds me tighter and then lets me go so that we can go to class.

*****
A/n
Sorry for the short chapter I've been busy with school, but I will do my best to keep updating and making the chapters longer.