Chapter 25

Bathroom my ass.

I don't want to go back to this place, but it might help me remember. I need to know who did this, who's doing this.

Of course I wasn't going to tell Farkle that this is where I was going or else he would've had a cow. I know how he gets and this will just make his even more worried.

I stand in front of the donut shop and stare at where this all started for me. This is where my whole life was ripped from my brain.

I walk over to the piece of side walk I was standing on that fateful day and close my eyes.

It feels like just yesterday someone pushed me and I woke up in the hospital with amnesia. It didn't affect me as much as I thought it would, but it kept me from remembering quite a bit.

Like Farkle.

He's the best thing and I forgot about him and how much I love him. I can't believe you can forget something like that.

It did help me realize what bitches Maya and Smakle are.

Maya was angry, but that gives her no right to hate on me the way she did. Especially since it made me so sad and tired all the time. Real best friends don't do that. Plus, Smakle shouldn't have taken up the offer. I get that she was upset that I took away the guy she loved, but to try and ruin my life? That's so cliché.

I open my eyes and look across the street. I see the shops and people going about their lives. They have no idea that in just a split second their whole world can come crumbling down all around them.

My phone buzzes and it's Maya text asking where I am.

I tell her I'll be back in a little bit. I'm putting my phone away when it buzzes again. I figure it's Farkle or Maya, but it's not.

The text says, watch you back and its from and unknown number.

I spin in a complete circle and don't see anyone or anything suspicious. To be safe I walk into the donut shop and sit down near the counter. It's fairly busy in here, so if someone tries to get me I'll be safer in here.

By that I mean there will be witnesses.

I decide that this isn't a time to be alone and call Farkle.

He picks up on the first ring. "Where the hell are you? Are you lost in my house again?"

I would laugh if I wasn't so freaked out. "No. I kinda followed a lead alone and I'm pretty scared now."

He sighs. "She's not here guys," he calls to the gang. To me he asks, "Where exactly are you and is everything okay?"

"I'm inside a donut shop near where I was pushed. I got a text saying to watch my back from someone I don't know, and I'm scared to go outside."

"Don't. You're safer inside. I've been to that donut shop before so I'll take Lucas with me and the others will stay behind to see if they can figure anything else out," he explains while, from what I can hear, running. "Lucas let's go!"

"I'll just be in here," I say adjust my dress since I haven't changed from my funeral clothes.

Farkle closes the car door. "Good. I love you and be safe."

"I love you too and I'll be fine."

I hang up because I'll be more of distraction than anything else or Farkle drives. I don't need him crashing into anything just because he's worried about me.

I have my little clutch and remember I have some cash in it. I decide to buy a donut because I'm already in here.

I go over and ask for a glazed donut. The person behind the counter happily rings me up and hands me the change and donut. I thank him and start to sit back down when I see someone looking in though the glass door.

I almost drop everything when I see it.

Shoving the change in my bag and holding onto the donut I go to the door. The person starts to move away and down the street to the right. I try to follow their figure, but the streets are so crowded.

I can't lose him.

I'm about to call to him when I bump into someone.

"Riley?"

I look to see Lucas.

I don't say anything so he says, "I thought you were going to stay in the donut shop?"

I nod. "I'll explain later. Let's go back to the car."

Lucas looks around before protectively shielding me from anyone who might hurt me, in a brotherly way, and leads me back to the car.