XXXVII

Lydia stood at the door with a blank expression, my arms were crossed over my chest as I stood next to Jack.

"Can I talk to you both?" Lydia asked, I looked at her with a stone expression while Jack sighed and opened the door letting her in.

"What are you doing?" I asked Jack, was he stupid? This girl was the reason we nearly ended.

"Let's just hear her out and then she can get the hell out of here" Jack said as she stood awkwardly.

I turned to Conor, Josh and Mikey and they got the message to leave the room.

"Guys let me show you the new equipment I got for my studio" Conor broke in and Mikey and Josh followed.

Jack grabbed my hand and we sat on the couch, while Lydia sat on a chair from the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I questioned wanting her to get straight to the point.

"I came here to say sorry.." She started, we waited for her to continue.

"I realise that what I did was wrong-" I cut her off.

"Wrong? It was down right horrible" I spat.

"Baby calm down" Jack said and put his hand on my knee.

"Jessica I really am sorry, I was just so jealous and I don't know what came over me when I saw you two together" she said, I didn't feel right.

I had a bad feeling.

"Look I know I don't deserve any of your forgiveness and I just wanted to tell you I feel terrible and I'm sorry" she added, this all seemed like it had come out of nowhere.

"I'm just going to leave, but I needed you guys to know I'm sorry" Lydia ended, she stood up and headed towards the door.

"Lydia wait!" Jack called as he stood up.

I looked at Jack, what was he doing? I watched and watched scared of what was going to happen.

"Thank you" he said as he gave her a small smile.

I felt my blood boil as the words left his mouth, how could he just forgive her straight away. I waited until the door closed to say anything.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked as I stood up in front of him.

"Jess calm down what are you talking about, she apologised" Jack said, I couldn't take it. I let everything out.

"She apologised, you mean that little speech of bullshit she just gave us? How can you just forgive her like that, she almost ruined us!" I shouted, my fists were clenched by my side.

"Is that not what you're doing right now!" Jack shouted back.

I froze in my spot, his words hit me like a wave and it felt like I was drowning all of a sudden.

"Jess! No, I didn't mean it. I didn't mean what I said" Jack apologised as he tried to reach for me.

I stormed past him, tears streamed down my cheeks. I heard faint cursing before all the noise died out and I was rushing to my car outside the building. I drove straight home and locked myself in the apartment, maybe Jack was right. Maybe I was suffocating him, maybe we weren't right for each other. All these thoughts flooded my mind as my phone blared in the background, I pressed the decline on every call.
I sent Josh a text to look after Joe then I turned off my phone.

I curled up into my bed and cried, it was happening all over again. Lydia was breaking us apart, how could one person cause so much damage. I felt like my world was crumbling and there was nothing I could do. My head was throbbing with all these thoughts, I grabbed some tablets to sooth it. I didn't have much energy at this point and dozed off.

¥

Loud banging coming from the door woke me up, I ignored it pretending I wasn't here. I didn't feel like seeing anyone. Thankfully the knocking ceased and I was left alone, I got up bringing the blanket with me as I went to the kitchen.

Jack
I messed really bad, why did I do something like that. I just got really angry and it slipped out, I was so frustrated. Joe came down the hallway and he looked pissed, he pushed me and fell back against the wall.

"What the fuck did you do?" He seethed.

"I-we" I tried.

"You're fucking pathetic, stay the hell away from my sister. If I catch you near her you're dead." He spat, I'd never seen Joe look so angry.

He left the apartment and I ran my hands through my hair, I love her so much and now I messed up so bad she'll never love me again.

¥

Jessica
Ella called me, apparently Joe had told Caspar everything and she was worried about me. I told her I was fine even though I was far from it. My hair was a mess and I felt disgusting, but then I realised why should I, this was his fault. I did something extremely spontaneous and crazy, I booked the next flight to New York which was tomorrow morning. It felt so exhilarating and I started packing straight away, I just needed to get away for awhile.

After packing, I changed into some fleecy pyjamas. There was a knock at the door but I made to check through the hole to see who it was. Joe was standing there with his hands behind his back, I reluctantly opened the door. Joe didn't say anything, he walked over to me and hugged me. I felt my eyes water, but I wouldn't.

"Hey, are you okay?" Joe asked, I knew he was concerned.

I nodded, I breathed in the familiar scent of his t-shirt.

"Are you okay? How's your head?" I questioned, my voice was hoarse.

"I'm fine, it's just in every flashback I keep seeing the same tattoo" Joe mumbled.

"I really hope they catch whoever it was" I told him.

We sat on the couch looking through old pictures I had gotten from mum, I was happy that Joe came and I wasn't as lonely.

"What's the suitcase for?" Joe asked, he pointed to my suitcase which was placed by the door.

"I.. I just need to get away for awhile. I'm heading back to New York for a week" I revealed, Joe sighed.

"You know you can't just run away from your problems, you need to stand up and face them." Joe advised.

I understood where he was coming from, but I just had to get away.

"You're right, but it's just a few days then I'll be back" I said, I just hoped it would help.

A/N

Wow so a lot of stuff has happened...

Lydia's back😒

What do you think of her apology?

What do you think of Jack and Jessica's argument?

Also poor Joe, I put him through too much.. I feel bad

And lastly what do you think of Jessica leaving for New York?

Please vote and comment all you amazing people!

And peace out!