XLII

I leaned my head against the cool glass of the window, Joe and I had been on the train for an hour or so and I was extremely groggy.
I had texted Jack just in case he came to my apartment, turns out he had gone with Conor to Brighton yesterday evening so I would probably see him anyway.

Joe sat across from typing away on his phone, I watched as a smile appeared on his face.

"Who are you texting?" I asked with a smirk.

"Oh just a friend." Joe said, I raised my eyebrows at him and he cracked.

"Fine her name is Lexa, we went on a date the other day and I really like her," Joe admitted, his cheeks went a rosy colour.

"Aww, you should ask her out again!" I urged.

"Really? Is it not too soon?" Joe questioned.

"No, why not? She'll know you're interested then." I pointed out, he nodded and began madly typing away at his phone again.

I smiled at him, he had gone through so much yet he was back to himself again, as soon as we get back from Brighton Ella and I promised each other we'd have a girls night. It was in dire need at this point.

We arrived in Brighton a few hours later due to all the stops along the way, we decided to make it a surprise and not tell Alfie or Zoe that we were coming.
It was currently late October, Halloween was fast approaching and I'm sure there would be a big party at Jack's apartment.
After the short taxi ride to Zoe and Alfie's, we were climbing the steps to their apartment. I just hoped they were here.

I knocked on the door, I tapped my foot trying to keep any heat I could. A few seconds later the door opened to reveal Alfie, he had bags under his eyes and the baby wasn't even born yet.

"Hey Alf, you okay?" I asked, he honestly looked run down.

"Oh yeah just tired, Zoe's cravings call for 2am supermarket trips," Alfie explained, he stepped aside to let us inside.

Joe and spoke for a bit while I went into the living to see Zoe with Nala, Zoe's bump was huge. She struggled to get up from her lying position.

"It's okay, lie down Zoe." I assured her.

"It's kicking, come here and feel it." Zoe urged, I rushed forward laying my hand gently on her stomach.

"Do you feel it?" Zoe questioned with a bright smile.

She was going to be a great mother.

"Yeah," I replied.

Alfie and Joe walked into the room, Alfie smiled and Joe ran over all excited.

"Don't leave me out of the Sugg bonding," Joe joked as he placed his hand on Zoe's stomach.

"That feels so weird," Joe said and Zoe and I laughed at him.

"Hey Alfie, why don't you go get some sleep since I kept you up last night, I have Jess and Joe if I need anything." Zoe told Alfie, he nodded before disappearing upstairs.

I went to the kitchen to make some tea for all of us, I waited for the kettle to boil then I poured the water into the cups. I removed the tea bag after stirring it and poured in some milk and sugar, I carefully balanced the cups in my hands as I brought them into the living room.

I took a seat beside Zoe and she looked at me with a smirk.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked, I raised my hand to my face subconsciously.

"No you idiot! You're engaged!" Zoe squealed.

"Oh, yeah I'm so happy." I admitted.

"Well don't just sit there, show me the ring." Zoe fretted.