Chapter 2

*Lisa's POV*

After making it to the house, I went to my room and emptied my backpack. I packed three suits of clothes. A hair brush, scrunchies, and a pair of hiking boots. Wow, thank the Goddess that all fit.

Finished packing I went out the back door of my old home and took off my clothes. I take my perfume and spray myself to mask my sent, or at least to make it harder to fallow me.

I put them away and shifted. Kasey, my wolf, was red with white on her stomach and legs. Unlike most wolves their coat were usually one solid color.

' Thank you for letting me out. Now lets get out of this horrible place,' Kasey said through our mined.

' Good idea I don't want to be here any more than you do,' I reply.

I grabbed my backpack and started running. I ran into the forest and continued on.

*Two days latter*

Even though I ran for a long time and was really getting hungry I didn't want to stop. If I did there was the possibility that my pack was coming after me and they might catch me if I stop.

Soon I couldn't deny that I had to eat and had to stop. Stopping I took the backpack off my back and set it on the ground by a Maple tree. Something on the lite breeze caught my attention.

' Deer,' Kasey said just as hungry as I was.

Letting Kasey take over, so I could watch. I knew that Kasey had a better chance at killing one of the deer better than myself. Kasey followed the scent north of where we where and found a herd of four deer.

Kasey brought down a doe and she started to eat. After finishing up she ran to a stream that we had past not to far from there then headed back for our bag. Grabbing the bag I took back over and continued running south.

Still running I caught the scent of another pack and a really faint scent from a wolf the had to have passed by here not to long ago. Slowing I looked around it was night fall and the half full moon was out. Just then I sensed someone or something behind me.

Snap!

I turned toward where I heard a twig brake, but I knew it was a good distance from me but was coming closer. That's when I smelled another wolf near me. Kasey and I were both tensed. Kasey wanted out and I was nervous. What if they end up killing us? Still looking around I started to back up. Hearing a growl sent me running.

' Why are you running? We can take them,' Kasey said.

' Do you really want to try? I'm not willing to risk it. I want to stay alive,' I said.

I sensed the wolf coming up behind us. The sound of paws running behind me proved I was right. They sounded like they were right behind me, and I mean right behind me. Afraid for my life I pushed myself harder to get away. The bad thing about that was who ever was behind me did the same.

I heard another growl and I was tackled to the ground. A big red wolf had me pinned down. I struggled to get free and it made the wolf growl louder. I stopped moving and whimpered scarred by the other wolf, he radiated of power but not that of an alpha.

Seeing movement in my peripheral vision, so I turned my head to the side in time to see one of his huge paws lift off the ground and come toward me. It hit me, hard, and then darkness consumed me.