Chapter 27

*Lisa's POV*

Four days after I left Axle, Kasey finally started to talk to me again. I also have a feeling that someone besides Marcus is watching me. But my stay here at the orchard has gone well. My skill in fighting and defending has gone up. I'm happy everything is going great and thankful Kasey is talking again.

' I missed you, too,' Kasey said.

' I'm just happy you finally decided to talk again,' I said,' Do you want to go for a run?'

' Oh, please.'

I laugh and went behind the nearest tree before sensing where Marcus was. Luckily, he was a few yards behind me and nobody was in front of me. I stripped and shifted. Shacking out my fur I stepped out from behind the tree.

Marcus was making his way toward me now. He probably thought something happened to me. He came up to me calmly, possible thinking I might attack him. But this is only the second time he has seen my wolf.

"You have one of the strangest wolves I have ever seen," he said.

Kasey growled a warning. Marcus laughed.

"That was meant to be a complement, señora," Marcus said slightly laughing still.

I shock it off and went to run around the orchard's border and couple of times before shifting back. Marcus was in side the house at this point.

"You know Kasey was mad at you when you first said that, right?" I asked.

"I could tell. She finally talking to you again," Marcus said.

"Yeah, she finally decided to get up on her silent treatment."

I walked into the kitchen seeing as it was close to noon and started to make lunch for us. Homemade pizza was what I chose. Fun and easy. I turned on the stove and grabbed a growing pan and the tortillas. And made some amazing pizzas for the both of us. I listened for Marcus and sensed for him. He was across the orchard.

I sighed and put the pizzas in the oven to keep them warm as I went to go get Marcus. I walked through the orchard, it was quicker but easier to get confused and lost. I got into my hearing distance and I heard more than just Marcus. I heard someone else. Kasey piped up, we knew exactly how was here. I walked closer, and saw Axle and other members of his pack. How did they find me?

Kasey quieted, a tail tell sign that she knew how.

' Kasey, what did you do?' I asked sternly.

' I might have sent him pictures of where we were when he was asleep,' she said.

I growled at her,'Why would you do that?!'

' Why do you think? I missed them.'

I grumbled and blocked her out. And walked closer, while staying out of sight and quiet. It looked like at least five members, besides Axle, were here.

"Is there a woman named Lisa here. She has long red hair and emerald green eyes," Axle asked, he almost sounded like he was begging.

Marcus knew who he was but asked,"If I did see her why would you be looking for her?"

"She left me, I'm her mate," Axle said.

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

"Ask any of these people here with me. They can vouch that she is my mate. Now I know she is here I want to see and talk to her." Axle demanded.

"No need to fill me in on what's happening,"I said as I walked out from behind the tree look at my nails, like I'm board.

Everyone stiffened. I laughed, internally. Axle came walking toward me. I put my new skills in action, by running and jumping over him. I walked to Marcus.

"Go to your house. Your lunch is in the oven. I can handle these guys. And if I don't come back, I probably left with them," I whispered in his ear.

Marcus looked at me and nodded. I looked over at Axle. He looked kind of mad at what I did. I sensed several figures coming toward us.

"Why'd you leave?" he asked once Marcus was out of sight.

"You know why. My old pack have been on my tail. And right know isn't the time to talk," I said,"Everyone duck... Now!"

They ducked and the people flew over there heads and onto the ground in front of them. I ran and grabbed a rope from a stash I had located not far from here, and rounded up all of my former pack members that had jumped at us.