Chapter 32

*Axle's POV*

I woke up and the first thing I noticed was that I had my arms around something. I opened my eyes and saw Lisa's bare back facing me. The day and night's events came back to my mind. I looked over at Lisa's right shoulder. My mark was present.

' She is finally marked as ours,' Derrick said with satisfaction.

A feeling of pride rose in my chest. I had to get up even if hated doing it. I had a job to do, and a pack to protect. I learned over and kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll see you later, sweetheart," I whispered in her ear.

I got out of the bed and went to the bathroom to get a shower before I went out to help around the territory. I put on a light blue v-neck short and blue jeans, and left the pack house. Outside I heard nothing but talking. A huge group was gathered in front of the house.

"What's going on? Let me through," I said making my way through the crowd.

In the center I seen a basket. I moved closer to it and inhaled. A baby was in the basket bundled up in two very small blankets. I saw a piece of paper in it and took it out to read.

*beginning of note*

Alpha,

Please take in Hunter. He needs to be taken care of and I can't do that. He needs someone to trust and a place to live without fear.

Please take him in.

*end of note*

I looked down at the little bit. I couldn't let anyone take him. I picked up the basket and moved back through the crowd toward the pack house. I walked up the stairs to our bedroom. Lisa was up, dressed and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Lisa. You need to read this and tell me if we should keep him," I said.

She looked at me, confused, but read the note. She looked up at me.

"We can't just leave him, and I don't think I would give him to anyone," she said taking the basket from my hands.

She lifted the Hunter up out of the basket and held him in her arms. She looked at the pup with caring eyes. And the picture was painting another one in my mind. One of her with our pup in her arms. Derrick perked up in the back of my mind.

I moved to sit beside her. Hunter cooed at us and I put my finger in his tiny hand. He wrapped his small fingers around it and shook his fist. It was the most adorable thing I ever seen. I pulled my finger out of his fist softly, and kissed Lisa on the top of her head.

"We'll get some baby stuff in a little while, I'll see you two in a little while," I said.

Lisa turned to me and kissed me before I left the room. Who new I would be a father so soon.