Chapter 20

*Axle's POV*

It was eleven o'clock and most members of the pack were helping in the search for lisa. Maybe ten to twenty minutes after I sat down to catch my breath from running so much. A sharp pain hit me in the rids then spread lower. I was dabbled over sitting there on a bench.

' Derrick, what's going on?' I asked.

' It's our mate something is happening to her. Your bond with isn't very strong but it is strong enough for you to feel each other's pain and really strong feeling,' Derrick explained.

I groaned, because the pain was picking up. I held my breath trying to figure out where the pain was emanating from in my mate's and my body. By this point some of my pack members had noticed me, doubled over sitting on a bench.

"Alpha! Alpha, are you alright?" a young woman asked, coming up to me.

The pain had eased up a little to were I could move. I lifted one of my arms that was wrapped around my abdomen, and motioned something that meant, so, so.

I groaned again and rewrapped my arm back around me. What was happening to my mate?

"Beta, something is wrong with Alpha!" the woman yelled to Leon.

The pain was starting to ease again. I opened up my link to Leon.

' Leon, something is going on. Something is happening to Lisa,' I said.

Leon growled, not happy something was wrong with the future Luna. ' We will find her, Alpha,' Leon said with a growl in his voice.

Another strong feeling of pain caused me to close my eye. The pain nearly made me cry.

The pain only lasted for maybe five minutes then I was able to get back up, the pain never returned. What happened to our mate? I questioned. Trying to keep my mine off of the pain, I went back to the group to help find out where Lisa went. We looked all over the whole territory. No luck at all at finding her.

Well, I did learn something new about Lisa. She was smart and could get out of places if needed, quickly. I mean it, I knew she was smart, but she is more so than I thought. By night I was exhausted, but I was to keyed up to sleep so for most of the night I was either pacing or praying that I would find my mate, soon. If I didn't it wouldn't be good for the pack.

At eleven p.m., I pulled the note Lisa had written and just sat on our bed just reading it. At three, I reluctantly climbed into the shower and changed. I wrote a quick note for Leon and tacked it to my office door, to let him know he would be in charge for a few days. After doing so I climbed into the bed that Lisa had shared with me and tried to sleep. I tossed and turned not getting any sleep until I was to tired to move.

Mate, where are you? Was the last coherent thought I had.