Chapter 7

*Axle's POV*

Katie is sitting at the table with Lisa as I cooked. Lisa isn't really talking more listening to Katie talk about the pack. I did discover one thing about Lisa, she lived in the River pack before she ran and became a rogue. I can kind of see why she left, I've heard roomers about that pack, and let's just say they are not very nice.

"Why did you run from your old pack?" Katie asked.

"I ran because I was being bullied at school and was tired of it. They have been mean to me for seventeen years. Thank the Goddess I'm eighteen and could leave," Lisa said stiffly.

It's a good thing she left them or else I might not have found her. Hearing that she was bullied made me mad, but I tried to concentrate on making burgers.

' Yeah, we probably wouldn't have met her if she hadn't ran and came further south of where she was,' Derrick agreed with my thought.

Katie continued to tell Lisa about the pack and our people as I cooked. I caught Lisa several times start to turn toward me, but caught herself and turned back. Then I heard footsteps and my mom's sent hit me.

' I think her wolf is fighting to take control,' I said.

' I think you might be right,' Derrick agreed.

' Have any clue why she would keep turning back?' I asked.

' No. It is really hard for us to not be by her or not looking at her,' he said.

' Good point.'

"What about your family? Won't they miss you?" Katie asked dragging me out of thought.

"Ugh... I never knew my family. I raised myself. The only thing I can remember is that my mother had long blonde hair and my father had short red hair, and I knew they loved me but that is the only thing I can remember about them," Lisa answered.

"That sounds like a sad childhood," Katie said.

"In a way it was," Lisa replied.

"Do you think anyone might miss you there?"

"Yeah, my one and only friend, Samantha. I miss her, too."

"Well, now you have a new friend to talk to, if you want, I'll gladly listen."

"Thanks Katie."

"No problem."

They finished talking as I finished up the buggers and fries. "Supper's ready. All you have to do is get what you want," I said.

I turned and looked at Mom, Lisa was doing the same. I went a head and fixed my plate then sat it down right beside Lisa. Katie got up to get her plate. Lisa just sat there waiting for her to finish.

I leaned over and whispered, "You know, you don't have to wait til' she gets done. Just so you know that's my mom." I pointed to my mom standing in the doorway.

"I know I'm just used to waiting. I kind of figured she was," she whispered and got up and went to my mother.

"Hello, Mrs. Black, it's nice to meet you. I'm, Lisa, your son's mate," Lisa greeted my mom.

"Oh, please, my dear call me Sarah. I was here wondering why my son hasn't introduced us until now," Mom said looking at me.

I just smiled and said, " I would have told you if I had seen you."

I started to eat just as Katie sat down. Lisa went up and quickly fixed her plate, Mom did the same. So not long after Lisa and Mom sat down and started to eat. After Lisa's first bite she groaned.

"Good?" I asked.

Lisa nodded and we all continued in peace. After everyone finished Katie washed the dishes. And me and Lisa talked to my mom. We might have alpha blood, but that doesn't mean we don't know how to cook or clean things in a house. I lead Lisa outside, to get away for my mom, and saw the sun was setting and it was getting darker fast.

Lisa walked up to a tree and leaned against it. I moved closer to her and wrapped my arms around her, feeling sparks as I did so. She turned and hid her face in my chest.

"Hey, do you want to go for a run?" I asked Derrick was clawing at me trying to get out.