Chapter 22

*Marcus's POV*

I watched as Lisa trained on a tree. I could tell that she was upset about something, but what? I had just got done showing her around the orchard, and not even twenty minutes after I left her alone she is off the orchard grounds. I watched her train through the evening and soon after the sunsets she went back to my house. She didn't waste time she laid right down on my couch and fell asleep.

The perfect time for me to find out more information about her. I waited a half an hour before I walked up to her, and placed my hand lightly on her forehead. Lisa didn't move, but did groan softly as I entered her mind to find out why she was in the dark forest in the first place.

I find her most recent memories first and at the very beginning of the day, or last night, she was with a pack. Not only that she was with her mate. Why would she leave that? I was starting to question Lisa, I know that a wolf's mate means a lot to them, and they never separated. Except for those few how reject their mate.

Then I hear what she was thinking. She knew her old pack was after her and she knew it, and didn't want her mate to get hurt. So that's why she left him. Well now I know, she did have a good reason for being out here.

I could tell without going further into her memories that she had went through a lot in her life time. I could just see that from looking at her. She was nice and was friendly, but she was also careful, smart, and strong. I lifted my hand off Lisa's head and walked out-side.

I created this place to be a refugee for anyone I came across. I love this place. The one place I can be me. I sigh and walk toward the boundary of the orchard. Rarely anything came to the dark forest. I headed toward my other house. I walked in and headed toward the basement. Then I hear footsteps following me.

I got into a defensive position. I turned to see Lisa at the door.

"You know, if you really wanted to know about me you could have asked," she said calmly.

I was like she wasn't even mad that I took that information from her.

"How did you know I did that? I've done it to other people before and they didn't even know. How come you know?" I asked.

"I'm not like other wolves. My hearing and sense of smell are stronger than others. Plus, I could sense you when you were headed inside the other house. Don't ask my how, because I have no clue," she said with a small smile on her face.

I just stood there not knowing what to do next.

"What's in here anyway? You have to be coming here for a reason," Lisa said still calm as could be.

I just waved her over to me and walked down the stairs and entered my basement. I clicked on the light so Lisa could see what I had in here.