Chapter 4

*Lisa's POV*

The alpha of the Blue Moon pack, my mate, put his arms around me, the only reason I could think of as to why he put his arms around was that he was trying, to comfort me. When his arms touched my skin I felt sparks go through my body where he touch me.

This made me tense, plus I wasn't used to being hugged or held. After only a few seconds of this I relaxed and leaned into him. His scent is strong, he smells like the woods and freshly fallen rain.

Kasey was jumping up and down with joy that we found our mate. Mate, mate, mate... was all I could get out of her.

"You're safe here, sweetheart," my mate, Axle Black, said.

He softly and slowly rubbed my arm. The sparks flew everywhere he touched me. I tensed up after I heard footsteps coming toward us. Then I caught the slight smell of a male coming.

"What is it?" Axle asked.

Then he tensed, apparently he just heard the footsteps or the scent hit him, one. He stood up, pulling me up with him, and turned toward the door of the cell. Soon a guy with wide shoulders, brown hair, and amber eyes was standing there.

"What is it, Justin?" Axle asked.

"We have rogues at the edge of the territory to the north," Justin said.

Axle nodded and turned to me. "I'll be back soon. Justin, take her to the pack house and put her in my room safely," Axel ordered Justin.

"Yes Alpha," he said and came toward me.

Axel let me go and headed off. I gave Justin a nervous look, but followed him to the pack house.

' I hope mate will be okay,' Kasey said worried.

' I hope so too, Kasey,' I said trying to comfort her.

The pack house was almost empty, except a few people. They paid us no mind until me sent hit them. Then they all turned to look at me. Nervous, I tried to ignore them and followed Justin up to Axel's room. He opened the door and let me in.

After Justin closed the door and left I looked around at Axle's room. It was big, well, big compared to what I was used to, that is, and it smelled like him, the forest and rain. The bed and curtains were all black, but it wasn't depressing, it made me feel safe.

What am I going to do? I found my mate, but I really don't want one right now. Then again he can protect us. Oh, what am I going to do!? I groaned and sat on the edge of his bed. It was soft and welcoming. I stretched out on it and looked up at the ceiling.

' Don't reject him. This might be our only chance for happiness,' Kasey growled at me.

' He might be our mate, but what if our old pack comes here looking for us. The safest place for him is far away from me,' I countered.

' Lisa, it's been two days since we left. Axle can protect us. You need to have more faith in him,' Kasey urged.

I tuned her out and tried to figure out what to do about Axle in my own heard before talking about it with Kasey. The hard part will be trying to convince her that we need to leave. While thinking I settled in on Axle's bed and soon fell asleep there.