ix

changkyun wasn't at school the next day to work on the project.

or the next.

and the next.

and then the day after that.

jooheon tapped his pencil impatiently and waiting for him to storm angrily through the door or walk in alongside hyungwon and kyungsoo.

everyone had noticed by the end of the week.

on friday hyungwon finally showed up.

jooheon watched as the thin boy walked to his locker and decided to approach him, it was only proper, he needed to know where his project partner was.

"hyungwon?"

the tall boy turned around and his expression suddenly became loathing as he looked at jooheon.

"yeah, so, where is-"

"haven't you done enough? fuck off. don't ever speak to me, scum," hyungwon spit on his shoes before storming off.

"what's his problem?" jooheon muttered and shook his head before walking away.

-

changkyun hadn't moved from his bathroom floor for two days. hyungwon showed up because changkyun wasn't answering any of his calls or texts and lost his shit, he called jeongyeon and momo and wouldn't stop crying.

now changkyun was curled into bed.

he hadn't spoken.

he hadn't moved.

he refused to eat.

the frail boy had finally stopped trying to band-aid the cracked wall protecting him from his own head.

and it had caused this.

hyungwon came over everyday and either momo or jeongyeon were nearby.

they all tried to talk to him or move him or feed him but changkyun stared at nothing and hardly heard them.

all he could hear were his own thoughts.

and they weren't any good at all.

-

jooheon stretched his muscles as he climbed out of bed the following monday.

he slowly got dressed and let his mind wander to changkyun.

it seemed to be constantly on changkyun lately.

"jooheon?"

"dahyun, what do you need?" jooheon smiled at his small sister.

"mom just left for work, she said you need to make me and jongdae breakfast."

"okay, i'll be out in a minute alright, you guys just agree on what you want."

"okay."

the eldest brother emerged from his room a few minutes later and led himself to their small kitchen.

"so, what'll it be?"

"doenjang soup!" his siblings chanted together grinning ear-to-ear.

"okay, it make take a while though, you should go play."

"alright hyung."

jooheon whistled to himself as he pulled ingredients from the old cupboards absent of doors.

rust covered the pot he used, but it was nothing he wasn't used to.

he wondered what sort of fancy breakfast changkyun was eating off a silver platter.