xvi: the banquet part i

"and then?"

"and then he did absolutely nothing."

"what?" changkyun laughed shaking his head, "c'mon he must have done something."

"nope, he just walked right on out. it was the most hilarious thing i have ever seen."

the doorbell rang and changkyun looked quizzically at yixing, "i wonder who it is, i'm not expecting anyone."

changkyun pushed himself up from the table placing his fork down and walking through the hallway that lead his home's elegant entrance. yixing followed him.

the small boy opened the door hesitantly, his eyes widened.

"jooheon wha-"

"what are you doing here?" jooheon spat at yixing then turned to look at changkyun, "we have project work, remember?"

changkyun gulped. jooheon looked pissed.

"yeah, come in."

"i should get going," yixing stated looking sympathetically at changkyun.

"you don't have to leave," changkyun gripped the edge of yixing's sleeve desperately wanting anything but to be left alone with the older boy.

jooheon gripped his arm and yanked him back, "no, you should go, we have plenty to do here. we don't need any distractions."

"thank you for having me, and for the delicious food," yixing bowed to changkyun, "you'll have to cook for me again sometime."

changkyun couldn't help but smile.

luckily yeongja had taught him his way around the kitchen, as she had been absent from the kitchen earlier.

the door shut.

"you cooked for him?" jooheon snarled.

"yeah, he comforted me so i treated him to a meal, is there a problem?"

changkyun gasped as he was shoved against the wall.

"how come you've never cooked anything for me?"

"jooheon let go."

"don't lovers do that for each other."

"jooheon i'm serious."

"changkyun," he sighed in a low voice, shivers went down the smaller boy's back.

"stop," he whispered, their closeness made changkyun feel like he was going to fall over.

"you didn't let me finish my sentence."

"jooheon i-"

"changkyun i'm falling in love with you."

everything froze.

it felt like time had slowed down all together.

the words continued slipping out of jooheon's mouth. 

it was like the moment repeated those words.

over,

and over,

and over,

and over again.

an in-explainable feeling rose up inside changkyun's stomach and a warmth spread through his whole body.

everything was warm.

jooheon was so warm.

changkyun for the first time ever, rested his hands on jooheon's shoulders,