xiii

halfway there.

halfway through the week.

"two more days until i don't have to see jooheon," changkyun grinned.

a knock sounded from the doorway.

"what?"

yifan stepped through the open door holding onto two suit bags, "your father would like you and your friend to wear these to the banquet."

changkyun frowned, he had forgotten about the fact that jooheon was coming over on the weekend in his morning daze.

"leave them on the chair."

"you know i'm basically like your hyung, you shouldn't boss me around," yifan said placing the suits down.

"why don't you bring that up with my parents hyung, i'm sure they'd love to hear that their employee thinks he's part of the family, how unprofessional," changkyun tsked as he crossed his arms.

yifan glared at him before exiting the bedroom.

"ugh, what a bitch," changkyun sighed before beginning to get ready for school.

-

"jooheon! wait!"

jooheon turned around his hand remaining on the doorknob.

"this is for your books, we might as well start paying now," his mother sighed dishing out won from her pocket.

"mum, mum stop, i told you, since i want to stay at this school, i will pay for it," jooheon faced the frail woman now resting his hands on her shoulders.

"with what money? you're still my child, besides, this is extra money, i don't need it."

jooheon closed his eyes and sighed deeply, he knew that was a lie. in their household there was no such thing as "extra money".

"mum, i can't take that."

"please, it will put me at ease jooheon, just take it," she pushed the bills into his hands gently.

"fine, i'll get the money back to you though, i promise."

"jooheon-"

"i promise," jooheon pocketed the pitiful amount of bills and kissed his mother on the cheeks, "i'm going now, okay?"

"have a good day sweetheart."

"you too mum, don't push yourself too hard."

"i love you!"

"i love you too!" 

-

"jooheon came to my house last night."

hyungwon dropped his pencil, "what? seriously?"

"yeah,  you wouldn't believe what he's been saying lately oh god he's so fucking annoying, and thirsty."

"oh my god spill."

"he's been telling me that he's into me and stuff and he invited himself over this weekend," changkyun rolled his eyes.

"has he tried anything with you?"

luckily the room was dark because of the movie being projected at the front of the classroom, changkyun blushed, hard, "no of course not, i wouldn't let it happen."

i wouldn't let it happen.

what a lie.

"good, i would kick his ass if he did, or get hoseok too at least. he's so gross."