Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Denali! Wake up!" I heard someone shout. I groaned in pain and rolled over on my side. I felt my blankets in my fist, the foreign bantha fur soft in my grasp. I was home, I was back at the base. Gerg or Danik must've carried me in when we were finished with our bounty.

I could tell someone was trying to shine a light in my closed-eyes. Probably one of the dumber Rancor Slayers like Tint or Heff. The two wookiees weren't exactly the brightest stars in the sky, but their hearts were in the right place. They meant well, even if they weren't very smart. Even though they were kind of dull, they meant alot to the Rancor Slayers. They were great mechanics, fighters, and chefs.

I felt like someone had hit me up-side the head with a frying pan. My skull felt like it was about to explode, the pressure was so unbarable. I wanted to scream, tears filled my un-opened eyes. I tried to speak, but only a strangled shriek came out. I began to thrash around violently, the pain had become too much.

"Denali!" I heard Danik shout my name and two hands grab my shoulders.

"Zef, go get the speeders ready and contact the hospital in the capitol! Tell them that it's a life-or-death situation and that we need help ASAP!" I heard Zendy shout as I felt two arms carry me out of my bed bridal-style. I wrapped my arms around who-ever's neck and hugged them tightly, we were running towards the garage. I could feel the tempature drop the closer we got to where our speeders were stored. A cold palm pressed against my forehead, then quickly pulled away.

"Zendy, she has a really high fever!" I heard Danik shout in panic. I suddenly realized that Danik couldn't have been the one carrying me. So it must've been....

"Hang in there, Ali. You're going to be alright." Gerg said to me silently. I opened my eyes and suddenly felt sick, so I closed them again. I really didn't want to throw-up all over Gerg, and I'm sure he didn't want to get vomitted on either. Especially since he was helping me by carrying me all the way through the base and into the garage.

After a brief stop, Gerg set me down in the back of the speeder, letting me lay my head on his shoulder like he had the night before.

"Step on it, Danik!" Zendy shouted and the speeder suddenly lurched forward. Within seconds, wind was smashing past my face as we rode into the city. I could feel the food inside my stomach churning, moving around in sharp motions. I felt it come up my throat, but held it down as the speeder hovered over the ground.

"We're almost there, Denali. Just a few more minutes." Zendy told me quickly. I couldn't keep it down, my lunch from yesterday was coming up. I used what little strength I had and lifted my head away from Gerg. I put my mouth over the end of the speeder and hurled.

"Woah! Dude, she just vomitted all over the ground!" I heard someone shout, but it didn't sound like Gerg or Danik. I growled in anger.

"Just be thankful I didn't throw-up on you." I murmured, a ticked sting in my words as I spoke. I felt Gerg rub my back, trying to comfort me. He pulled my hair back into a pony-tail when I threw-up again, making sure I didn't get hurl on myself. I pulled my head back into the speeder when I was finished and rubbed my temples with my fingertips. Gerg let go of my hair and I gave him a thankful half-smile.

"We're here!" Zendy shouted and leaped out of the vehicle, landing on her feet and running to help Gerg carry me into the hospital.

The next part felt like it was just a blur.

At one point I can remember a bunch of un-familiar faces looking down at me as I was placed on a gurney. They were all wearing white scrubs, so I had assumed they were doctors. What else would they be? Someone suddenly jabbed a needle in my arm, causing me to scream out in pain and thrash around violently.