Chapter Twenty-Five

(Okay, so this chapter takes place a few days before Denali wakes up. I just thought I should let you know that. Alright, now you may read. (:  )

Chapter Twenty-five

I walked down the sandy streets, my cloak on, hiding my face. I didn't want any un-wanted witnesses seeing me. Master Jinn had told me that he would find me at one of the shops and bring me back to where they would be staying for awhile. I trusted my Master, so I did what he told me to. Now I was wandering around, trying to find my way.

The sand storm had died down a bit, making travel possible. I knew that I was really lucky. Walking from the ship into the small town all the way from the outskirts would've been a real pain. Even though people say sand storms are deadly, I would've done it anyway. I knew that Denali needed me, so I would do whatever I can to get to her. I needed to be by her side.

"Obi-Wan." I heard someone say my name. I turned around.

"Jeesa?" I said. The Gungan nodded.

"Come on, yousa need to come see Denali. Shesa issa worsening." Jeesa said as she grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me down the street.

"What do you mean she's getting worse?" I asked quickly. Jeesa began to chuckle.

"Mesa was just kidding. Denali issa fine. Shesa is just asleep like Master Jinn told yousa." she said to me as she lead me through the crowds of people. I took a deep breath, trying to get my heart beat back to normal. I could tell all of the people were here for the pod racing. My Master had told me that it was quite a spectacle.

After a few minutes of walking, some wrong turns, and Jeesa getting us lost more than once, we finally arrived at the small dome-shaped house made of hard blocks of sand. It had a few small windows, but other than that you really couldn't see what it looked like on the inside. I followed Jeesa into the small house, closing the door behind me as I entered.

"Obi-Wan." I heard my Master say as I entered. I looked around. The house was warm and cozy, providing solitude from the blizzard of sand outside. Qui-Gon gave me a small smile as he entered the room. He was followed by the Queen's handmaiden, a woman in grey-ish blue-ish robes, and Jar Jar.

"Hello, Master." I said.

"Obi-Wan, this is Shmi Skywalker. Her son was kind enough to offer us shelter till Denali wakes." he said, introducing the woman.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said with a smile.

"It's nice to know that you're going to be watching over Denali while we're at the race tomorrow. She's a really nice girl, I hope she wakes up soon. Anakin has enjoyed her stay with us." Shmi said to me as she took my cloak, hanging it on a hangar in a closet near the front door.

"Oh yessa yessa." Jeesa said mischeviously. I could see she and Padme try and hide their giggles from me, but I still heard them. Something had happened that I didn't know about, and it was making me nervous.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She's in Anakin's room. The young boy willingly offered to let her use his bed." Qui-Gon told me as he lead me to Anakin's room. I looked inside and saw a small boy on his knees beside Denali as she slept. His back was facing me, but I could tell that this boy had a worried look on his face.

"Ani, we have another visitor." Shmi said as she entered the room first. The boy turned around. Sure enough, he looked as worried as if his own life was at stake. "Ani, this is Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's Master Jinn's apprentice." Anakin stood up, brushing the sand off of his knees, and extended his hand to me.