Epilogue

~Epilogue~

The fire burned, Qui-Gon's body as it's fuel. It had been three days since his death, two days since Denali was finally able to wake up from the coma she was in after being stabbed by Zeffan, one day since Obi-Wan was told that he would be training Anakin Skywalker. Denali stood beside Obi-Wan. She could feel his pain through the Force. Sneakily, she took his hand, holding it tight as the others watched the fire burn. No one could see her hand in his through all of the cloaks that surrounded the flames. Obi-Wan held hers tightly, thankful that she was there supporting him in his time of grief.

"You're going to be alright. I know you will." She whispered to him. He squeezed her hand, a sad smirk on his face.

"Of course I will, and you want to know why?" He whispered to her. Suddenly she felt a small silver object in her palm. She could feel the circularity of it, the hole in the middle where she would slide her finger in, and the small stone. She kept her face as straight as possible, knowing what was in her hand.

A ring.

'This is a promise ring, isn't it?' She thought to him. He gave her a small nod.

"We'll talk about it later." Obi-Wan whispered to her, the smirk never leaving his lips.

Denali couldn't believe that on a night so heart-breaking, she realized that her heart had become whole.

~THE END~