Chapter Thirty-Six

Sorry guys, I realize this is a super short chapter. Please forgive me. Alright, now you may continue reading! :)

Chapter Thirty-Six

"Shocked, I am. So much self-control, I have never seen in one student." Master Yoda said before the Council could start bombarding Master Windu with comments about his rude behavior towards Denali. Obi-Wan clenched his hands into fists. He couldn't believe Master Windu had been so cruel towards her.

"But that was unfair, Master Yoda. With all due respect, Master Windu, Denali did the right thing." Master Fisto said. "Actually, I have been meaning to speak of her to you."

"What is it, Master Fisto?" Master Yoda said.

"I think Denali is ready to be knighted. She has been through all of her Trials, she's shown bravery, trust, and now courage. I believe she is ready to become a Jedi Knight. She has past every test." Master Fisto said. The Council members looked at eachother, then at Master Yoda. He was silent for a moment.

"Ready, Padawan Bleway is. Agree with your decision, I do." Master Yoda said to Master Fisto. Obi-Wan could feel a surge of happiness burst inside of himself. She was going to be knighted, the love of his life was going to become a Jedi Knight.

"Thank you, Masters. You will not regret this." Master Fisto said as he left the room. Master Jinn stood before the Council. Obi-Wan watched, wondering what was left to say. Then he remembered Anakin.

"Yes, Master Jinn?" Master Windu asked.

"I have encountered a boy on Tatooine by the name of Anakin Skywalker. His mediclorians are off the charts. I believe him to possibly.....be the Chosen One in the prophacy." Master Jinn said. The Council gasped in shock. "And I request he be tested."

"Bring him here, then." Master WIndu said reluctantly.

Denali sat at her desk, carving something from a chunk of wood she had found in the supply office next to the training room. She carefully pushed the knife in her hand over the wood, small pieces of it falling to the floor at her feet and scattering all across her desk. She was making a miniature model of her lightsaber, carving the buttons and the hole where the blade would come out. She had fled the scene after the punching bag broke, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. It had been hours since then, and she was surprised that no one had come looking for her.

"Denali? Are you in here?" she suddenly heard her Master's voice. She didn't say anything, still carefully working on her wooden model. Her bedroom door slowly opened as her Master peaked inside. But she pretended not to notice that he was there. She was alomost finished with her carving.

"Hello, Denali." he said as he entered her room, sitting in an empty chair beside her desk. She spoke, but didn't look up from her work.

"I want to thank you, for what you said infront of the Council." she told him.

"That's actually what I was going to talk to you about." Master Fisto told her. She looked up.

"Look, I'm sorry if I said anything that offended Master Windu. I meant no disrespect-"

"That's exactly why the Council has agreed to let you become knighted. You're going to become a Jedi Knight, Denali." Master Fisto said with a smile. She grinned back, but it suddenly disappeared. Master Fisto looked at her, concerned.

"What is it, Denali? Aren't you happy?" he asked her. She knodded.

"It's just that I'm going to miss you so much. I won't be able to follow you around all the time." Denali said to him. Sad smiles appeared on both their faces as they stood up.

"We can discuss the details later. But right now, we have a mission to attend to." he said to her.

"A mission? Already?" she asked. He nodded as they walked out of her living quarters, strolling down the halls of the Jedi Temple.

"Yes. The Queen has requested to return back to her home planet. She has also requested your presence." Master Fisto said with a smile.

"Wow, the Queen has requested me. That's actually quite a shock. I never really even talked to her or anything like that. I'm not sure we've even had an actual conversation." Denali said, shocked.

"Don't worry, I'm sure things will make more sense later." he said to her as they ran down the hall, something that is prohibited but they would do anyway. Just for the fun of it.

"What will Denali say when she finds out I'm not going to be trained?" Anakin said miserabley after his meeting with the Council. He, Master Jinn, and R2 stood outside the ship they would be taking to Naboo. Master Jinn gave Anakin a small smile and put his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Anakin. You're going to be trained. In the meantime, the Council just needs to realize that you're the Chosen One." he said as they walked to the ship.

Just as they were about to board, Anakin heard someone calling his name. He turned around and saw Denali rushing towards him, a huge smile on her face. Master Fisto followed her, not running like she had been seconds earlier.

"Ani!" she said with a smile as she wrapped him up in a hug. He hugged her back.

"So how did it go?" she asked.

"Well...." Anakin said.

"We can speak of this on our way to Naboo. Let's go." Qui-Gon said.

Master Fisto, Master Jinn, soon-to-be Jedi Knight Bleway, and Anakin quickly walked up the boarding ramp, Jar Jar shouting 'Meesa going home!' behind them as he ran into the ship.