Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Master Yoda sat in the Council Chambers. Members of the Jedi Order sat in their seats, having a heated discussion about the civil war on Mandalore. Master Yoda truly hadn't been very interested on the subject, his mind seemed to always wander over to the mission on Alderaan. He tried to feel through the Force, wanting to know what Denali Bleway was thinking at that moment, but his efforts were in vain.

Suddenly a large amount of pain filled his mind. He quickly put his hand on his head, squeezing his eyes shut. Master Ki-Adi Mundi stopped in mid-sentence as everyone's attention went straight to Master Yoda. Master Luminara Unduli put her hand on his shoulder.

"Master Yoda, what is it?" she asked the question that drilled into each Jedi's mind. The small creature looked up at the woman, his hands shaking slightly.

"A great disturbence in the Force, I feel." he said and stood up. He leaned on his cane, the small piece of wood wobbling as much as he was. Another burst of pain exploded in my head, causing him to fall to his knees. The other Jedi in the room gasped and rushed to his side.

"Master Yoda, what kind of disturbance could cause you this much pain?" Master Even Piell questioned as everyone gathered around the wise Jedi master. Yoda just shook his head, unable to speak.

"Is there anything we can do?" Master Mundi asked. Yoda looked up at him and got to his feet.

"To Alderaan, I must go. Dying, Master Denaro's daughter is."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"HELP ME!" the doctors heard the little girl shout in her sleep. She thrashed around, clawing at the air infront of her, as if she were reaching for something. The doctors held her down, but she seemed to wiggle out of their grip at the last second. Qui-Gon watched it horror as the girl opened her eyes. Red. That was the color of her eyes. There was no white, no blue. Her entire eye was blood-red.

"What's happening to her?!" Qui-Gon heard a familiar voice shout behind him. He turned around and saw many of the Rancor Slayers had followed him into Denali's bedroom.

"It's the illness." Qui-Gon said in nearly a whisper.

"OUT! EVERYONE OUT!" a doctor shouted. Qui-Gon ushered the Rancor Slayers out of the room. After getting them out, he put his hand on the doctor's shoulder.

"I can help her if you'd just let me. Please, don't make her suffer any longer." Qui-Gon said in a hushed voice to the doctor. The doctor, who's name was Dr.Kerk, paused for a second, as if considering his options. Then he looked at the Jedi Master and nodded.

"Do everything you can to save her." Dr.Kerk said, and followed the nurses out of the room. Within seconds, the room was completely empty. The only people left inside were Qui-Gon and the screaming girl. Qui-Gon took a deep breath, then quickly knelt beside Denali.

"You'll forgive me for this later." he whispered, then pressed his palm against her forehead, using the Force to try and heal the suffering child. Denali let out the most skin-crawling scream Qui-Gon had ever heard in his life as her red eyes rolled back into her head. Qui-Gon wanted to plug his ears, but he had to keep them on her forehead if he wanted her to survive this.

Almost as soon as it had started, it stopped. She fell silent as her eye-lids closed. Her back hit her bed and her breathing began to steady itself. Qui-Gon took a deep breath and wiped the sweat that had formed on his brow. The tired Jedi Master sat back in the chair beside Denali's bed.

All of his energy seemed to have drained out of him. He had put forth so much effort, trying to erase the sickness from the poor girl's mind. The Jedi Master knew that the process was painful. He looked at her, realizing that he had done the right thing after all. A small smile appeared on his face as her eyes fluttered open. They were no longer blood-red, they were blue and sparkling. The healing process had already began to take affect. But his smile erased when he suddenly felt the fear erupt inside her soul.

"Master J-Jinn?" she stuttered. Qui-Gon took her hand supportively as she shook. Her eyes darted around the room franticlly, as if she was looking for something...or someone.

"Yes, young one?" he said to her.

"I-I want to go with you. T-To the Jedi Temple. I want to be trained. P-please, just take me away from here....from her." Denali said, her hands grabbing onto the sleeves of Qui-Gon's robes. She was shaking rapidly, as if someone invisible had wrapped their arms around her and were throwing her around like a rag-doll.

"Who?" Gui-Gon asked.

"Let me talk with her, Master Jinn." a voice said behind them. They looked at the person who had entered the room. Denali gasped with fear and held onto Qui-Gon's arms tighter, praying that he wouldn't leave her alone like Gerg had done when Obi-Wan had come in.

"I'm sorry, Zendara. But I think I should stay with her for a while." Qui-Gon said, feeling Denali's insecurities through the Force. The blue-skinned twi'lek just shook her head.

"Master Jinn, Denali is like a little sister to me. I wouldn't do anything to harm her." Zendara said with a small smile. Denali took a deep breath, thinking that maybe her nightmare hadn't meant anything. After all, it was just a nightmare.

Wasn't it?

"Um....Master Jinn....I think Zendara and I will be fine." Denali said to him. He looked from Denali, to Zendara, then back to Denali. After a second of silence, he nodded and stood up. He walked over to the door, then turned around to face Denali.

"I'll inform the Council of your decision." Qui-Gon said. And with that, he walked out and into the hall, closing the door behind him. Denali breathed, trying not to pass out of fright. But she knew she shouldn't be frightened, Zendara was her friend. Not her enemy. But then why was she so afraid?

"I heard something was really wrong. Is everything alright now?" Zendara asked as she sat down beside Denali on her bed. Denali nodded.

"The Jedi helped me. He healed me, now I'm cured." she said to Zendy. Zendara scowled, shaking her head. She took Denali's hand, which had stopped shaking.

"The Jedi could only help you because they are the cause of this. They're the one controlling your dreams. They're trying to influence you to join them and leave us." Zendara said to her. Denali stared at her, wide-eyed.

"How would you know about my dreams when I haven't even told you yet?"

Zendara blinked once, then an evil smirk appeared on her face.

"You really shouldn't have noticed that." she said. Denali felt the room turn cold. She shouldn't have let Qui-Gon leave.

Zendara attacked.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Don't leave this door. I'll be back in a few hours." Qui-Gon said to his padawan as he closed the door to Denali's room behind him. Obi-Wan nodded, understanding his position.

"But Master, is she alright? I mean, will she be okay?" he asked his master. Qui-Gon nodded.

"I'll explain everything later. But for now I must contact the Council and tell them that Denali will be joining us." Qui-Gon whispered to his padawan. Obi-Wan nodded again, hiding his smile as his master walked down the hall and out of the medical center.

Obi-Wan stood by the door, his arms crossed. He didn't know why he had to stand guard, if she was going to be alright then she didn't need to be protected anymore. The only people watching her were him, his master, and the Rancor Slayers.

Obi-Wan shuddered at the thought of that awful group. He didn't trust them, nomatter how close they were to Denali. They just seemed gross to him. Especially that worm named Gerg. He didn't like him one bit.

Suddenly pain settled inside his stomach. Something wasn't right. Someone was in pain, terrible pain. Obi-Wan ignited his lightsaber as fast as possible and kicked the door to Denali's room open, knowing that the source of the pain was coming from that room.

He soon found out that he was right.

* * * * * * * * * * * 

I think Obi-Wan might be a little jealous of Gerg....what do you guys think? Let me know your opinions in the comments area and don't forget to vote and follow if you like my stories!!! You're all amazing and I hold your support close to my heart. :) Thank you all so much for reading!!! 

~Madness