Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The two made their way through the ship in silence till they reached the bridge. Both their masters were wearing their cloaks as well as they addressed the crew.

'Nice thinking about putting on the cloaks.' Obi-Wan thought.

'Thanks, I just know fashion when I see it.' she thought back to him, causing them both to try and hide their chuckling. Master Fisto seemed as if he hadn't noticed, but Master Jinn looked back at them, causing them both to stop immediately. He turned back around after making sure that they both were in line.

"Captain," Qui-Gon said.

"Yes, sir." the woman who was driving the ship replied.

"Tell them we wish to board at once." Qui-Gon commanded. The screen above the control panel flickered to life and Nute Gunray appeared. Denali tried not to scowled with disgust. She disliked the Trade Federation more than any other Jedi. Something about them just reminded her of the Rancor Slayers. The captain pressed a button on the control panel and began to speak into a microphone beside it.

"With all do respect, Viceroy, the ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately." the woman said.

"Yes, of course. We would be happy to recieve the ambassadors." Gunray said. The ship began to slowly decend towards the base. As the small Republic shuttle bently coasted into the hangar, Denali looked out at what was inside the hangar with them.

"Those are alot of droids." she said with a nearly-worried huff as she put the hood of her cloak on. Master Jinn gave her a small smile that she had missed for quite a long time.

"Nothing we can't handle."

"I agree with Master Jinn. Nothing my apprentice can't put together or slash apart." Master Fisto said. Both of the masters laughed, so did Obi-Wan. Denali just smiled and nodded as they walked out of the ship. At the base of the ramp, a shiny silver protocal droid waited for them. Denali looked around, her stomach doing flips. She knew that she shouldn't be worried, but something about this mission upset her in some strange shape or form.

"Relax, you've been through worse. Plus, I'm here to help." Obi-Wan whispered into her ear so that their masters wouldn't hear, a supportive smile on his face. Butterfies suddenly began to flutter around inside her.

'You can't fall for him. You can't. You can't. You can't.' she thought to herself. So she decided to do something that would save them both from alot of pain. She didn't return the smile.

"I'll be fine, I don't need anyone's help." she said, looking straight ahead. She didn't like the idea of giving Obi-Wan the cold-shoulder, but it was best for both of them. Denali walked beside her master, and Obi-Wan walked beside his as they followed the protocal droid down the hall of the Trade Federation Base. Soon they approahced a large room where the droid left them.

"My master will be with you shortly. Please, make yourselves at home." and with that, the droid left, closing the large door behind it. The Jedi masters and padawans removed their hoods.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Denali and Obi-Wan said at the same time. They both looked at eachother, shocked. The masters seemed to be shocked as well, but let the matter slide as if it had never happened.

"I don't sense anything." Master Fisto said.

"Nor do I." Master Jinn chimed in.

"It's not about the mission, Masters. It's happening.....elsewhere." Denali said. Master Fisto immediately understood.

"I sense it as well." Obi-Wan said.

"Keep your concentration here and now, young apprentices, where it belongs." Qui-Gon said.

"But Master Yoda says we should be mindful of the future." Denali said, slightly confused.

"Not if it is at the expense of the present moment. Stay mindful of the living Force, young ones." Qui-Gon said as he put his hand on both padawan's shoulders.

"Yes, Master Jinn." Denali and Obi-Wan said at the same time. Denali glared at the boy.

'Stop doing that.' she thought to him.

'Stop doing what?' he asked, faking his innocence. Denali just continued to glare.

"What do you think is taking Gunray so long?" Master Fisto asked, his arms crossed. The other three shrugged as the protocal droid came back with a tray of refreshments.

"I sense an unual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute." Denali said as she took a glass of water from the droid, thanking it as well.

"Very good, Padawan Bleway. I can sense it as well. You're padawan is very open-minded, Master Fisto. That is a very highly admirable quality." Master Jinn said with a smile as he took a glass as well.

"Thank you, Master Jinn. But I'm not as open-minded as you'd think I am." Denali said.

''I totally agree.' Denali heard Obi-Wan think to her. She pretended as if she hadn't heard his comment and sipped her water.

"Don't be so modest, Denali." Master Fisto said with a chuckle. "But it's true, she is really something when it comes to talking things through with people. I'm envious." Suddenly a loud explosion filled the air, The four Jedi quickly ignited their lightsabers, ready for whatever might try to attack them.

Obi-Wan looked at Denali's lightsaber blade. He had never seen a hite blade before. It was quite beauitful, actually.

'A beautiful blade for a beautiful girl.' Obi-Wan thought. Denali had heard his thoughts too, but pretended as if she hadn't. This was exactly what she had been afraid of. She didn't want Obi-Wan falling for her. Love was not the way of the Jedi, and she didn't want to be the cause of one's down-fall.

"What's happening?" Denali asked. As soon as she said thoughs words, the conditioning vents activated and a strange gas began to float out of the system.

"Dioxix. Denali, hold your breath." Master Fisto said. They all took a deep breath, trying not to breathe the posionous fumes as the room began to become filled with the light-colored gas. Denali felt a hand grab her shoulder and she almost screamed, if another hand hadn't covered her mouth. She turned around and saw that Obi-Wan was the one who had touched her.

'Don't scare me like that.' Denali thought to him.

'Stop being so frightened.' Obi-Wan retorted, a smirk on his lips. She rolled her eyes. Suddenly the large metallic doors opened and the gas began to roll out of the room like waves apon a shore. The four heard the clanking of battle droids' feet and the 'Roger, roger' of the commander.

'I told you there were alot of droids.' Denali thought to Obi-Wan as the four ran out of the poison-filled room, slicing the droids apart. Denali ducked down, sliding beneith one and slicing it in half as it tried to shoot her. Qui-Gon deflected the red plasma shots back at the droids who had aimed at him, striking them down. Master Fisto used the Force to lift up a few, and Obi-Wan sliced those down the middle.

The four ran down the hall in the direction of the bridge. Once they reached the door, the two Jedi Masters began to try and cut it open while Denali and Obi-Wan fought off the droids that had followed them.  Denali back-flipped over Obi-Wan, kicking one droid in the face, causing its head to fall off. Obi-Wan slid beneith Denali, deflected three shots, shooting three droids down.

"They are quite the team." Master Fisto said to Master Jinn as they continued to work on the door. Master Jinn smiled.

"They're better than you think."

* * * * * * * * * *

Obi-Wan and Denali have been reunited and are just as amazing of a team as they have ever been!!! Yay!!! :D Are you guys excited about that?? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote and follow if you're just as happy about these two as me!! :D

~Madness