Smoace

I stood there watching I knew what was going to happen if I didn't do something they were both going to die and couldn't let that happen.

Luffy was bent over picking up something from the floor akainu was getting ready to attack and ace was running towards Luffy most likly to shield him, that's when I started running towards just as ace jumped in front of Luffy I tackled them both away from away from akainu.

"Are you ok" I asked putting my hand on his cheek he rubbed his face into my hand "yeah I am" he said smiling "I hate to ruin the moment but you do realise we're in the middle of a WAR, I mean it's not big deal but people are dying so it would be good if we you know LEFT" some blond shouted at us, "you both need to run" I said standing up and holding out my hand to help ace up he took and we stood there before embracing "I missed you" ace said into my chest" I ran my hands up and down his back soothingly "I missed you too, but we need to go" I said looking down him, "ok" he said pulling away "you go with Luffy" I said pushing him towards Luffy "I promise I'll meet you later, but you need to leave" he nodded then started running with luffy.

I turned around and akainu stood there "what have you done" he said glaring at me "doing what I believe to be right" I said glaring back "he's the son of gold roger the pirate king how could you save him" he said stepping towards me "you can't kill someone because of who there father is and he's a good man he doesn't kill unless absolutely necessary. He doesn't deserve to die" I said standing my ground by now nearly all the pirates were returning to there ships now that ace was saved but whitebeard stayed stood there staring at us "I'm going to kill you then I'm going to kill portgad D. ace" he said stepping closer but I didn't back down "you can kill me I broke the law I deserve to die, but ace doesn't and I won't let you kill him" I sternly.

"Your not going to die" I heard a voice say I looked over my shoulder to see luffy stood a couple of feet away from us "what are you doing here, I thought I told you to run" I said turning to fully face him and started slowly walking towards him "I'm not just going to leave and let you die. Not after you save me and ace" he said and started walking towards me "leave" I said sternly "no I'm not going to let you die" he said not backing down we both finally came face to face "and you think ace will be happy if you got yourself killed to save me" I shouted now pissed "no but I can't leave you" he said "just leave, I decided on my own to give my life to save you and ace so stop throwing it away and leave" I said calmly now "and you think ace will be happy if you died" "better me then you" I said raising my fist and hitting him knocking him out cold.

I picked up his body and started walking towards the whitebeard ship "do you think I will let you get away" akainu shouted after me I looked at him over my shoulder "I'll be back, but you will not kill this brat today that I can promise you" I said turning back around and started walking again I was at whitebeards ship when ace jumped down "what happened to him" he asked worried "I knocked him out" I said simply ace looked at me shocked "why did you do that" he shouted at me "because he's trying to get himself killed" I said turning my back to him "good bye ace" I said and going to start walking until I felt a burning sensation in my chest I looked down to see a giant hole I looked up at akainu and started coughing up blood "I never thought I would go out like this" I said falling back into someone "please don't die" ace said holding me "ace listen to me" I coughed "please don't die don't leave me" he pleaded "ace" I said "please don't die" he said hugging me I put my hand on his cheek " I'm not going to say I love you, i will say I love you when we meet again. I don't want you to live your life thinking my death was your fault because it isn't ok, I gave my life for you and I would do it again. But I do have one last wish I want you to live a happy life, I want you to be the freest man alive and I want you to do whatever you want." I said coughing and taking my last breath I managed to speak "run."

Aces pov
"Nooooooo" I screamed as I watched the love of my life died in my arms.

I picked up smokers body and walked of towards the ship I used my powers to make a huge wall made of fire so none of the marines could pass.

I got to the ship and went straight to my room, I kicked open the door and laid smoker down on my bed, I went and shut the before walking back to smoker lifeless body and taking his hand in mine.
I sat there for a few minutes before talking "how could you throw your life away for me. How could you go and die on me when I needed you the most" I cried into his hand "why couldn't you just stay with me" I cried.

I sat there for hours just crying into hand before I finally wiped the tears of my face and went up to the deck.
Pops was sat there getting tended to by a doctor "how are you feeling" I asked making myself known "I've been better and I've been worse. I'm just glad your safe" he said smiling "how is everyone" I asked hoping no know got seriously hurt "everyone's just recovering. What are you going to do with his body" pops asked getting serious "I'll bury him on the next island we dock at" I said walking of.

We finally docked at an island after a week and I did what I said I would I took smokers body and buried him.

I buried him in mountain looking out over the ocean, I made a cross and hung his jacket on it, I pulled out his cigars and and leaned them in the cross. "I guess this is goodbye until I see you in the other side" I said I stood there for a moment then walked of. And I didn't look back.

I kept my word and became the freest man alive, then I died 30 years later and I died a happy man.

On the other side
"I thought I told you not to die" I heard someone say behind me I turned around and seen smoker stood there as soon as I seen him I ran into his open arms and buried my head in his chest "I've missed you so much" I said crying "I've missed you too. I'm surprised you didn't move on, didn't even have a fling," smoker said I looked up at him shocked "how did you know that" he looked down at me with a smirk "so I was right" he said amused "asshole" I muttered burying my head in his chest again "I think there's something we both need to say" he said putting his fingers under my chin and lifting it slightly "I love you" he said looking me the eye "I love you too" I said leaning up and kissing him, "how are you still taller than me it's be like 30 years" I said whining "shut up" he said kissing me again.