Savannah- Chapter 66 (Final)

"Hey honey." My mom said in a cheery voice as I walked through the door. Her facial expression suddenly changed to confusion once she saw my lack of shopping bags. "Did you find a dress?"

"I did, but then Brooke came and ruined everything as always." 

"What are you gonna wear to Prom then?" My mom said worriedly. 

"I don't know, I think I'll just look for something cute in my closet."

"I don't think so." My mom said, grabbing my wrist and leading me to the attic. "Come with me."

Once we were in the attic, after blowing away dust and walking through piles and piles of junk, we came to a small chest leaning against the window. My mom wiped some dust off the top with her finger and opened it, reveling a white dress, folded up inside. She carefully pulled it out, wiping off any dust that came off of it. 

"It's been awhile since I've seen this thing, so it's a little old." She said. "But this was my mother's wedding dress which was passed down to me. I want you to have it." She unfolded the dress for me to see it. It was big and puffy at the bottom, and had beautiful diamonds at the top. 

"Mom! It's beautiful." I gasped. "Are you sure you want me to wear this tonight?"

"Of coarse baby. I want you to have fun tonight. This dress has been passed down for generations. And maybe one day, you can give it to your daughter, and your daughter's daughter." Suddenly, she sniffled, and her eyes began to water. 

"Aw mom, don't cry." I said, trying to comfort her as she covered up her face with her hands. I heard a car honk from outside, and mom quickly revived herself. "Your date's here." She said in a cheery voice. "Have fun sweetie."

I smile, and with that I quickly ran to my room, the dress in hand, getting ready for prom. 

I hear a door close from downstairs, followed by Sage's voice. Once I finish doing my hair and makeup, and make sure the dress looks perfect, I walk downstairs where my parents and Sage were sitting in the living room, and they all looked up with their mouths wide at the sight of me in the dress. 

Sage stood up, and walked to me, eyes still glued to me. "wow, you look... Just, wow!" Sage said in awe, trying to find the correct words to say, which makes me giggle. "Have fun kids." My mom says as Sage and I walk out the door, my hand locked in his. 

Savannah's Dress:

Brooke's dress: