Chapter 15

In the last chapter...

"Well, Jack, what do you plan on doing now?"

And so it continues...

Jack's POV

Of course, leave it to Felix to put in the first meaningful question. Welp, that was one of the questions I did not want to answer, there are so many things that I want to do and so many that I can't do...ugh why me? Why couldn't it be like Mark? He always knows what to do...always...

"Hmmm well, uh I wanted to uh, I-I want to get everything sorted? Like school, an-and work? I also need to do an update video...but, *bites lip* what do I say? There is so much and-I don't know- what should I do?" I look down at my lap, feeling slightly ashamed for causing so much trouble for the guys.

"We aren't pushing you to do anything, Jack. We just want to know what you would like to do and what you were planning on doing so we can work around that. How about, when you're free to leave, we go hang out somewhere? Like all of us? Where ever you want to go, we'll go or we could just hang out, whatever you want to do." Mark said, smiling down at me (he was in a chair, otherwise there wouldn't be much of a difference!) before he looked at the guys for confirmation.

All of the guys nodded and did the same as Mark, looked at me and smiled.

End of Jacks POV

Third Person POV

There was a comfortable silence before the police officer came back into the room. The officer smiled down at Jack before walking over to the group that was huddled around him.

"Hello Jack, how are you doing? I'm glad that you have more colour to your cheeks, but that isn't what I'm here again, sadly. Last time we talked, I asked you questions that were yes or no, this time, I wish to go more in-depth to what you had experienced and, if you allow me to, I will put the one who did this to you get what they deserve. Now, can we get into this, or do you not want the people present to hear what we will be discussing?"

Jack looked at his friends that were shifting nervously (because they didn't know if Jack actually wanted them to be there) before giving a half-smile to them before he scolded his emotions and looked directly at the officer. "I'm doing fine, and no, they are fine to be here, they probably need to hear this anyways, so that they understand everything that has been going on." "Alright, then let's get right into this. When did the abuse start?" "It started when I was about 10 or 11, officer. I can't remember when exactly, but I know it was about six or seven years ago, a few months after I was adopted." "So it wasn't your birth mother who abused you?" "No, my mother was killed when I was six, she died in a car accident." When Jack said this, Mark and Felix moved a bit closer and put one of their hands on his shoulder in a comforting way, something that he needed at the moment.

"Okay...let's move onto a different question, shall we? You said before that you know the reason the offender had for laying their hands on you, correct?" Jack nodded "Would you mind sharing?" "The woman who did this, she loved my parents and she was a close friend to them. Well, when she adopted me, it was because she felt it was my fault that they died, so she took her anger out on me. She also felt that it was my fault when all of her "problems" started happening around the time I showed up." Jack put air quoted when he said problems.

"Alright, now I have just a few more things to ask you. Has the woman that you spoke of earlier, sexually abused you or was it just mental and physical abuse? If so then that will put another charge on the woman, but she seems to have enough charges against her as it is." Jack looked contemplative before looking back at the officer and nodded. "Once, she attempted to, but I fought her off enough to go to a park nearby. She had her ex-boyfriend over at the time, so she tried to get him to hold me down, but he was a bit nicer than her and had a loose grip on me so I could get away." All the guys had a different take on what Jack said Some had sad looks on their faces, while others had anger. The officer assessed their reactions before looking back at Jack.

"I just have one more question, mister McLoughlin. What was the woman's name, the one who did this to you?" Jack was silent for a few minutes before he finally found the words he was looking for. "...Her name is Celeste Gortaítear, and she is 43 years old, I believe..."

"Alright, thank you, mister McLoughlin. We will find this woman and bring her to justice, so you can sleep easily now. Have a nice day to you and your friends too." "No, thank you, officer. And to you as well..." Jack said as the officer left the room.

"Hey, Jack...was all of what you said true? That you almost got raped and the motive that woman had for all of this? It's not that I don't believe you, but I just don't know how to process this..." Mark was the one who first spoke, and Jack wasn't that surprised that it was him. Mark always was quite kind to him and he also knew the most about Jack (that he let on anyway).

"Yeah, Mark. I wish it wasn't all true, but it is...you don't have to worry, though, cause it isn't as bad as it used to be. And I wouldn't say raped, more like sexually assaulted? Actually, that doesn't sound any better..." Jack said with a small smile of assurance on his face before looking at his hands. Felix, sensing the tension, decided that it was time to tell Jack what he got him while he was passed out.

"Annnyyyywaaayysss...hey Jack, when you get out of the hospital, do ya wanna go to Disney Land?! We will have so much fun, I even got the tickets to go for all of us!" Felix said, presenting the tickets that he got, one for everyone present (Bob, Wade, Mark, Jack, Ryan, Matt, Ken, and Cry) as well as an extra ticket for his girlfriend Marzia.

"I asked the people at the front desk when they think you'll be free to leave, and they said tomorrow, so I reserved them for the day after your released, so you can get get a day to rest at Mark's place! Also, we have reservations for dinner afterward, so we all can hang out and get fat together, if you're cool with that...?" Jack looked at Felix with literal stars in his eyes. "Ohmagawd, Felix you're the best! Of course, I'm cool with it, I've never really gone out with friends so this will be so much fun! I can't wait," Jack said as he smiled.

I have so many great friends...I can't wait to hang out with them in real life for the first time...

End of Third Person POV

End of Chapter

Tada! Sorry for the late update, I've been working on this chapter piece by piece for the past month, and at first it was supposed to be a side chapter sort of deal (basically it was going to be from the fanbases point of view, with the whole Jack is MIA and stuff, didn't like what I was writing so I had to start over), but I decided to do a normal one instead. Yes, Celeste tried to rape Jack, I said that she didn't rape him, but that doesn't mean that she hasn't tried to. I decided to have her last name be Gortaítear because Gortaítear is Irish for Hurt (based on what google translate says, google is never wrong!) and I wanted it to pain, but that's like pian in Irish so I just went with the former. I had my sister come up with the first name for Celeste, so I ended up finding a last name that suited her. Also, Celest is Irish, but she moved to America because of something she did...I'm not going to say what she did, but some people might be able to guess, if you look a little deeper. Anyways, the next chapter will be the Disney Land trip that Jack went on with Mark and Ken, and I'm working on that currently so expect that to be coming real soon (was it Disney Land or Disney World, I don't remember, but I'll have to rewatch it and stuff).I hope you liked the update, I didn't have a lot of references in this one as I normally do, cause I thought that this was an important chapter so...yeah...

See Ya!